Marine Society and Sea Cadets are recruiting a Data and Policy Analyst to work in London (hybrid). In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £33,500 gross per annum.
Marine Society and Sea Cadets (MSSC) is a leading maritime charity in lifelong learning and personal development and is the governing charity of the Sea Cadet Corps (SCC), a civilian voluntary youth organisation engaging some 15,000 young people over 400 Sea Cadet Units, throughout the UK. The SCC offers a wide range of youth opportunities with the same enduring objective – to give young people the best possible head start in life through nautical adventure and fun.
Key areas you will focus on as a Data and Policy Analyst include:
- To analyse, and report on internal and external data. Including leading on coordinating and delivering organisation wide KPIs
- To work with the wider organisation to help upskill other staff and volunteers in accessing and using data to enable effective analytics across the organisation.
- To support the head of policy and insight in delivering effective evaluation of MSSC’s impact, and providing appropriate data to influence key stakeholders
What we're looking for in our ideal Data and Policy Analyst :
- Experience of handling diverse datasets of varying quality
- Understanding of how to process and analyse quantitative data
- Experience of translating findings from a range of different audiences both internal and external
- Experience of appropriate processes around data security
- Experience of developing processes and procedures to collect and present data
- Confidence in engaging with service users where required for data collection or analysis
- Confidence in database administration
- Confidence in general database management
In return as our Data and Policy Analyst you will receive:
- 25 days’ annual leave pro rata
- Training opportunities and professional development
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loans
- Eye Care
Closing Date: 29th July 2022
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Data and Policy Analyst then please click “apply” below – we’d love to hear from you!
Applications should consist of a CV and a supporting statement. Without this, we sadly will be unable to consider your application for this role.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.