Marine Society and Sea Cadets are seeking to appoint a Growth and Development Worker to join our team. This is a home-based role and you will join us on a 9-12 month fixed-term contract working part-time hours (3 days) and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £25,000 pro-rata (£15,000).
Marine Society and Sea Cadets (MSSC) is a leading maritime charity in lifelong learning and personal development and is the governing charity of the Sea Cadet Corps (SCC), a civilian voluntary youth organisation engaging some 15,000 young people over 400 Sea Cadet Units, throughout the UK. The SCC offers a wide range of youth opportunities with the same enduring objective – to give young people the best possible head start in life through nautical adventure and fun.
The Growth and Development Worker role:
We are looking for a flexible and enthusiastic candidate who, ideally, has previous experience of working with volunteers. Our Growth and Development Worker will need to be able to deliver on a variety of project plans simultaneously, while also being able to build and maintain excellent relationships with a variety of stakeholders. We are looking for team players with creative ideas and solutions who will empower our volunteers to make a difference to the lives of even more young people across the UK.
The Growth and Development team is based across the UK and works on a variety of projects that aim to grow the Sea Cadets. These projects include setting up new Juniors Sections, supporting Sea Cadet united in schools and helping existing Sea Cadet units to develop plans and strategies for sustainable growth.
Key tasks for our Growth and Development Worker include:
- Delivering a variety of training sessions on, for example, recruitment of cadets and volunteer
- Developing new growth and recruitment tools and ideas
- Promoting flexible volunteering and the volunteer strategy
- Assisting with running our social media accounts
- Working with and empowering our volunteers to develop plans for growth
- Planning and setting up Juniors Sections in new and existing locations/units
- Delivering assemblies in schools
- Forming part of various working groups with colleagues to develop the tools, resources and processes needed to increase the positive impact of the Growth and Development team
This is a very varied and rewarding role that requires someone who is self-motivated, organised, creative, tenacious, positive, IT competent and with a real interest in people. You need to be able to coach, empower and inspire our volunteers and cadets, both in-person (once safe to do so) and remotely, to grow the Sea Cadets.
In return as our Growth and Development Worker you will receive:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- season ticket loans
- Eye Care
Closing date: Friday 11th December 2020 Midday
Interview date: Week beginning 14th December 2020
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Growth and Development Worker then please click “apply” below – we’d love to hear from you!
Applications should consist of a CV and supporting statement. Without this, we sadly will be unable to consider your application for this role.