Marine Society and Sea Cadets are seeking to appoint a Growth & Development Worker to join our team. You will be home based but will be required to travel around the area. You will join us on a part-time, fixed term basis working 21 hours per week for 6 months, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £25,000 Gross per annum (pro rata).
Marine Society and Sea Cadets (MSSC) is a leading maritime charity in lifelong learning and personal development and is the governing charity of the Sea Cadet Corps (SCC), a civilian voluntary youth organisation engaging some 15,000 young people over 400 Sea Cadet Units, throughout the UK. The SCC offers a wide range of youth opportunities with the same enduring objective – to give young people the best possible head start in life through nautical adventure and fun.
The Growth and Development team is based across the UK and works on a variety of projects that aim to grow the Sea Cadets. These projects include setting up new Juniors Sections, supporting Sea Cadet units in schools and helping existing Sea Cadet units to develop plans and strategies for sustainable growth.
Key areas of focus for our Growth & Development Worker include:
- Delivering a variety of training sessions on, for example, recruitment of cadets and volunteers
- Developing new growth and recruitment tools and ideas
- Promoting flexible volunteering and the volunteer strategy
- Assisting with running our social media accounts
- Working with and empowering our volunteers to develop plans for growth
- Planning and setting up Juniors Sections in new and existing locations/units
- Delivering assemblies in schools
- Forming part of various working groups with colleagues to develop the tools, resources and processes needed to increase the positive impact of the Growth and Development team.
Our ideal Growth & Development Worker will:
- Experience of working with volunteers and a good understanding of how to ensure they are most effectively recruited, on-boarded, supported and managed
- Experience of actively promoting projects or programmes to engage adult volunteers and young people from diverse communities to participate
- Practical understanding of equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion
- Experience of communicating with internal and external stakeholders using excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to present information in a manner appropriate to the audience, including through formal and informal presentations
- A track record of working with others to develop and deliver projects
- Experience of delivering projects against targets
- Experience of monitoring project activity and outcomes to meet external and internal reporting requirements
- An understanding of health, safety and safeguarding legislation and best practice procedures as they relate to working with children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Working knowledge and understanding of the voluntary and community sector
In return as our Growth & Development Worker you will receive:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- season ticket loans
- Eye Care
Closing Date: 29th January 2021 Midday
Interviews: W/c 1st February 2021
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Growth & Development Worker then please click “apply” below – we’d love to hear from you!
Applications should consist of a CV and supporting statement. Without this, we sadly will be unable to consider your application for this role.