Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Marine Society and Sea Cadets are currently looking for a Safeguarding Officer to join our London team. You will be working on a full time, fixed term basis for an initial 12 month period. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £34,000 per annum.
MSSC (Marine Society and Sea Cadets) is a friendly and focused place to work. As the parent charity for two dynamic, nautical and seafaring organisations we aim to be the leading maritime charity for youth development and lifelong learning. We are the governing body of the Sea Cadets, which gives 14,000 young people a great head start in life.
About the Safeguarding Officer role:
Our safeguarding team operates centrally in London where we are responsible for providing support, advice and guidance to our volunteers relating to all safeguarding matters across the UK. Our safeguarding Officers act as the lead professional in managing safeguarding casework in line our policy, procedures and statutory requirement and best practice guidance.
Responsibilities as our Safeguarding Officer will include:
- Assess and manage safeguarding allegations against those involved in the Sea Cadet Corps (SCC) and concerns about the welfare of children engaged in SCC activities.
- Support SCC volunteers to implement a local response to safeguarding concerns.
- Make referrals to statutory agencies (including DBS, PVGS) and attend strategy meetings as appropriate.
- Operate on call duties out of office hours on a rota basis.
- Manage risk assessment processes following periods of suspension or allegations.
- Manage adverse criminal record disclosures on behalf of the admin team.
- Support the delivery of safeguarding training and awareness.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, partners and other agencies to effectively implement MSSC policy.
What you will need to become our Safeguarding Officer:
- Educated to A-level standard or demonstrable equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of safeguarding, child protection and work with children and young people.
- Knowledge of voluntary youth work and understanding of the voluntary and community sector.
- Experience of working with volunteers and a good understanding of how to ensure they are effectively managed and supported.
- Track record of developing partnerships and relationships with a variety of partners and external authorities.
- Experience of working with people at times of distress or conflict.
- Able to build strategic relationships both internally and externally.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- High levels of resilience and emotional strength.
- An understanding of equal opportunities and its impact on the work of the organisation.
In return as our Safeguarding Officer you will receive:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye Care
- Suzuki Affinity Scheme
- Mobile and Contract Discounts
Closing date for applications: 31st July 2019 with interviews to follow shortly thereafter.
If you would like to join our team as our Safeguarding Officer then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!