Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Marine Society and Sea Cadets are currently looking for a Senior Internal Communications Officer to join our London team. You will be working on a full time, permanent basis; in return you will receive a competitive salary of £30,000 - £32,000 per annum.
The Marine Society & Sea Cadets (MSSC) is a vibrant and growing charity delivering life changing nautical adventure for young people. We also provide personal and professional development opportunities for seafarers with the Marine Society.
About the Senior Internal Communications Officer role:
As our Senior Internal Communications Officer, you will lead internal communications to all staff on a range of issues relevant to staff action, engagement and understating. You will develop a strategy to support and aid delivery to enable the charity and the brands it represents to achieve its objectives and enhance understanding and engagement with the charity.
Responsibilities as our Senior Internal Communications Officer will include:
- Devising and implementing communications plans and campaigns targeted at employees and volunteers.
- Use video, blogging, live-streamed discussions and other non-traditional media to promote cultural change and engagement.
- Promote MSSC brands and values (and the brands therein) to internal stakeholders.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop content for the organisation's intranet systems and leading its management and delivery.
- Provide expert advice and strategic plans which respond to internal and volunteer information needs in times of change or need for rapid communications.
- Continually measure, evaluate and improve the effectiveness of internal and volunteer communication strategies, and the efficiency of tools and vehicles.
- Lead on delivering MSSC’s house style (branding and communication principles) to internal and volunteer audiences.
- Work with the Director of HR on employee engagement initiatives such as the staff survey and staff conference.
What you will need to become our Senior Internal Communications Officer:
- Knowledge of internal communications function including digital and social media
- Excellent written and verbal skills with good attention to detail
- Awareness and sensitivity to the political and cultural environment within which the organisation is operating
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to perform accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and make decisions
- Ability to travel to the various sites within MSSC and elsewhere as required
- Flexibility in work commitment and team based approach. Willing to work extra hours if required and form part communications team on-call rota
- Experience of working with volunteers and youth organisations (Desirable)
- A professional communications qualification (Desirable)
In return as our Senior Internal Communications Officer you will receive:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Eye Care for employees who regularly use a computer monitor
- Mobile and Contract Discounts
Closing date for applications: 27 June 2019 with interviews to follow shortly thereafter.
If you would like to join our team as our Senior Internal Communications Officer role then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!