Marine Society and Sea Cadets are currently looking for a Senior Trust Officer to join our London team. You will be working on a full time, permanent basis working 35 hours per week and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £34,500 per annum. This is an amazing role to work on, with huge opportunity to develop income and really shape this role to suggest new ideas and markets to tap into. This role will work with the Fundraising team to achieve a target of over £2m per year.
This national charity helps launch young people for life today whatever they want to do after school and helps seafarers to keep learning all their lives. With strong links to the maritime sector and Royal Navy the charity uses the impact of being on the water to change the lives of those it supports through leaning, adventure and skills for life.
About the Senior Trust Officer role:
You will help to manage all trusts and foundations, ideally working toward multi-year partnerships with historic and new funding bodies. The post holder will manage current large grants, working collaboratively with the Trusts Manager on impact reporting and evaluation. The Senior Trust Officer will write compelling and informative applications and will act as a senior fundraising team member and line manage the Trusts coordinator.
Key responsibilities as our Senior Trust Officer:
- You will build relationships, multiyear partnerships and income from existing trusts and foundations
- Manage the Trusts coordinator role, setting goals and target, ensuring they meet them
- Research, develop and maintain new relationships to secure funding
- Write tailored, inspirational applications and project reports addressing grant-making priorities or requirements as specified Develop and maintain reporting and application systems and coordinate information with regional offices
- Liaise closely with senior managers and teams to plan and develop the strongest possible proposals and build relationships
- Evaluate, monitor and report back to donors in a timely fashion on projects which have been funded
- Record details of applications made, funding pledged and forecast income
- Input and update information on our database
Experience and skills you’ll need as our Senior Trust Officer will include:
- Results-orientated, managing the entire trusts pipeline and developing statutory income alongside
- Proven, personal fundraising experience, ideally at the five and six figure level
- Have superior written communication skills and will be comfortable working within a small team environment
- Good influencing skills and an ability to foster and maintain successful working relationships with
colleagues and contacts
- Proactive approach, can do attitude and ability to work creatively within bid applications matching funders
to potential projects
In return as our Senior Trust Officer you will receive:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye Care
- Suzuki Affinity Scheme
- Mobile and Contract Discounts
Closing date for applications: Ongoing
Assessment Day: ASAP
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
If you would like to join the team as our Senior Trust Officer then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!