Marine Society and Sea Cadets are seeking to appoint a Volunteer & Business Support Manager to join our team based in the Northern Area. You will join on a full-time basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £35,000 per annum.
Marine Society and Sea Cadets (MSSC) is a leading maritime charity in lifelong learning and personal development and is the governing charity of the Sea Cadet Corps (SCC), a civilian voluntary youth organisation engaging some 15,000 young people over 400 Sea Cadet Units, throughout the UK. The SCC offers a wide range of youth opportunities with the same enduring objective – to give young people the best possible head start in life through nautical adventure and fun.
As our Volunteer & Business Support Manager you will play a key role in the delivery of effective support for volunteers (both uniformed and nonuniformed volunteers), the growth of Sea Cadets and good business practice in support of MSSC’s objectives under its Vision and Strategy.
What we're looking for in our ideal Volunteer & Business Support Manager:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of delivering business advice and contributing to business, growth and development plans
- Experience of project planning and delivery, including monitoring and evaluation, and working to targets
- Managing and administering budgets
- Managing and supporting staff
- Working in conjunction with and supporting volunteers
- Contributing to the development of organisational policy and procedures.
- Experience of case, complaints and investigation management.
- Experienced in meeting and group facilitation and able to deal with conflict confidently and effectively
- Communication and interpersonal skills (written and spoken) with the ability to present information in a manner appropriate to the audience, including delivering presentations to large audiences
- Building partnerships - Good influencing skills and an ability to foster and maintain successful working relationships with colleagues and contacts
- Self-servicing – ability to self-service and work unsupervised, organising own workload, meeting deadlines and taking the initiative, whilst working as part of a team
- Familiar with current IT office software including Microsoft Excel or equivalent
- Full clean driving licence, use of own vehicle and ability to travel independently including out of office hours
In return as our Volunteer & Business Support Manager, you will receive:
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Training opportunities and professional development
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loans
- Eye Care
Closing Date: 31 January 2022
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Volunteer & Business Support Manager, then please click “apply” below – we’d love to hear from you!
Applications should consist of a CV and a supporting statement. Without this, we sadly will be unable to consider your application for this role.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.