The Marketing & Communications Manager will drive forward Trees for Cities’ public profile and engagement.
This is an exciting role for an ambitious and energetic marketing and communications professional (potentially from any sector) to take our organisational and sector presence and awareness to the next level. You will be responsible for creating high quality and engaging M&C content, growing our digital and online following, refreshing our organisational brand and identity, and raising essential funds from individuals to plant woodlands and trees across our cities and create Edible Playgrounds in our schools.
It’s about results.
To be successful you will be capable of creating highly compelling stories and case studies to engage and motivate donors, followers, and the media to take action, and to attract new people to our cause. You will be technically savvy to keep us at the forefront of digital communications and marketing. You will know what makes a strong brand and lead us through a process of change. You will know how to attract and retain our supporters of the future.
Trees for Cities is an ambitious, far-reaching organisation.
Trees for Cities is the only charity working on a global scale focused on planting urban trees. We work in 25 cities across the UK and overseas to transform outdoor spaces through planting trees and creating Edible Playgrounds. We are a game-changing, ambitious organisation which sets the standard for urban tree planting.
The sort of person we’re looking for.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to skilfully negotiate and influence others, and build good working relationships internally and externally;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time;
- High energy self-starter who enjoys challenge and change;
- Excellent verbal and written communicator;
- Well organised with meticulous administration skills;
- Target driven, goal orientated with proven experience of getting things done;
- Interest in the urban environment and an enthusiasm for our cause.
How to apply
Please visit our website to view the full job description.
Download and complete the application form and submit by email with the subject heading ‘Marketing and Communications Manager’.
Closing date to apply is Friday 27 January 2017.
Interviews are scheduled for the week commencing 6 February 2017.
Trees for Cities is an equal opportunities employer. Please complete and return the equal opportunities monitoring form with your application.