Markfield is an inclusive community hub in Haringey promoting equal rights, participation and choice for disabled people and their families
Fixed-term contract until 31st March 2020
(with possible extension subject to funding)
Hours of work:
Either one full-time worker: (35 hours per week)
Or two part-time workers (flexible hours considered):
Salary: spine points 26 to 28. £24,743 to £26,276 per year pro rata
Plus optional 5% contributory pension scheme
25 days a year holiday pro rata, rising to 30 days after 3 years’ service
This is an opportunity to be part of our experienced family support team providing the Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND) Information, Advice and Support service to parents/carers and young people in Haringey.
We are seeking someone who has:
- The skills to effectively support young people with SEND to express their views
- excellent communication skills and the ability to build positive working relationships with families and professionals
- a good understanding of the Special Educational Needs system
- experience of providing information and advice services
- a commitment to promoting equal rights and safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- availability to work 1 or 2 evenings until 7pm
We can offer the opportunity for you to develop your skills within a dynamic organisation which plays a key role in influencing the local development of good practice and policy in relation to services for disabled people and their families.
A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be required before appointment is confirmed.
This post is initially fixed-term contract, with the possibility of extension, subject to funding.
Closing date: Thursday 19th September 5pm
Interviews will be held on Thursday 26th September 2019
Markfield is committed to equal opportunities for users and staff and encourages applications from all sections of the community. Our building is fully accessible.
Registered Charity No: 289904 Company Limited by Guarantee: 1691876
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.