Job Title Capital Appeal Assistant
Responsible to Capital Appeal Manager
Hours of work 35 hours per week
Place of work/Base Martin House. Hybrid working arrangements will be considered, where possible.
Type of contract Full time, permanent, starting from January 2022 onwards
Overall purpose of the role
To support the implementation and delivery of a successful capital appeal to extend and refurbish Martin House.
Tasks and duties
- Support the capital appeal team across all work packages and fundraising activities
- Deliver an effective programme of stewardship activities related to the capital appeal that engage and acknowledge key supporters
- Complete regular reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally to support the delivery of capital appeal cultivation and stewardship events
- Deliver all administration for the capital appeal team, including managing capital appeal merchandise, producing and distributing meeting documentation, and writing thank you letters
- Maintain the fundraising CRM system effectively with all relevant contacts, correspondence and documentation
- Support the development and delivery of the capital appeal strategy and action plan
- Work cross-functionally to support the creative development and delivery of capital appeal communications, including website copy, proposals and newsletters
- Ensure all activity is regularly and consistently evaluated to drive continual improvement
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that the content we create for the capital appeal is relevant, engaging, timely and fit for purpose for all areas of the organisation
- Support accurate financial reporting & forecasting in line with budget
- Be innovation-focused and on the lookout for industry trends, tools and techniques
- Provide administrative support for the wider fundraising team as required
Health & Safety
- To be aware of your health and safety responsibilities as an employee and adhere to these.
- To adopt a positive and reflective approach to personal and professional development.
- To participate constructively in a yearly annual appraisal.
- To work contracted hours including unsocial hours as required weekends evenings and nights.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post and will form the basis of performance appraisal. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and necessary changes made with consultation.
Martin House has a multi-professional, multi-skilled team seeking to reach out to each family in a way that most helps them. Because of this team members may be expected to accept a different or unusual task or role.
Martin House is committed to providing care and improving services irrespective of race, ethnicity, disability, gender, religion or belief, age, marital status, or sexual orientation
Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults
Martin House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Recruitment checks are undertaken in accordance with safer recruitment standards and successful applicants may be required to undertake a basic DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
All Martin House employees are expected to
- Uphold the values of Martin House and behave in a professional manner at all times.
- Value equality and diversity and comply with relevant equality legislation.
- Attend 1:1s with line manager, team meetings and annual appraisals.
- Take part in all relevant mandatory training and any other education and training considered necessary to carry out the role.
- Take responsibility for one’s own personal development.
- Cooperate with colleagues, encourage and support positive working relationships (both internally and externally) and foster a culture of respect and consideration at work.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with relevant individuals and groups, both internally and externally.
- Take responsibility for one’s own health and safety and the health and safety of others whilst at work, and comply with Health and Safety legislation.
- Comply with information governance requirements and maintain confidentiality at all times, as required.
- Work within all Martin House policies and procedures.
- Communicate a positive image of Martin House and protect its reputation.