Hours: 37 hrs a week
Holiday: 25 days a year
Location: based in Leatherhead
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required, with time off in lieu available.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, and the successful completion of a probationary period.
About The Charity
Mary Frances Trust (MFT) is a leading mental health and emotional wellbeing charity for adults in Surrey. Since 1994, we support people for as long as they need, inspiring them to find ways to restore and maintain their mental wellbeing. We work hard to challenge mental health stigma and promote emotional self-care.
Work alongside people experiencing any kind of emotional or mental health issues for as long as they need and to inspire them to develop the skills that will help them to restore and/or maintain their emotional wellbeing. Involve people with experience of mental health at every level of the organisation so they can help us design, deliver, monitor, and review our services to ensure they respond to their changing needs. Consistently challenge stigma attached to mental illness and raise awareness of the importance for everyone to look after their mental wellbeing. Lead and co-ordinate the development and delivery of first-class, voluntary mental health services in Surrey. Maintain sufficient funding streams to be able to provide person-centred services to people experiencing any kind of emotional or mental issues
The Administration Officer will be expected to perform high level administrative duties for the organisation. Attention to detail and confidentiality are paramount as you will be dealing with sensitive information. The role requires multitasking across a range of responsibilities, including client management, completing monitoring reports, updating databases, supporting the senior management team, minute taking, event planning and delivery, and taking care of general clerical duties. You will also be setting up and using administrative processes (alongside our partner organisations) to deliver seamless administration for our new projects.
- To handle new referrals and ensure these are dealt with within the time required
- To liaise with professional and clinical staff
- To update and monitor our client database
- To extract accurate information and reports from databases
- To set up new administration processes and change existing processes when needed
- To work effectively with our partner organisations
- To take course bookings and set up meetings
- To support the senior management team with their administration
- To take accurate minutes of meetings and distribute appropriately
- To take on some HR administrative tasks
- To help with the planning and delivery of events, eg AGM
- To manage service contracts including office equipment, cleaning services etc.
- To be the point of contact for matters relating to health and safety and management of the office environment
- To cover the work of admin/reception colleagues when required
- To operate at all times within GDPR policies and procedures
This is not an exhaustive list of the duties that may need to be undertaken. It may be necessary to undertake other duties in order to fulfil the objectives of the charity.
Qualifications and experience
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in a high-level administration position, with proven experience of being able to multitask effectively and having attention to detail and accuracy in this position
- Proven experience of setting up new administrative processes
- Diploma in Business Administration or higher equivalent
- Experience of working within the health & social care sector (preferably with mental health)
Knowledge and Skills
- Have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, and be able to communicate well with people at all levels
- Be able to deal with issues effectively and find solutions to problems using own initiative
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing projects and systems
- Be highly organised and manage time efficiently
- Have attention to detail especially when under pressure.
- Be able to prioritise tasks
- Work well within a team, as well as independently
- Understand confidentiality, consent, and GDPR
- Have good work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, use of email, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to enter and manipulate data accurately on a database for monitoring and reports
- Ability to update websites and have social media skills
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.