Job Title: In-Reach Worker x 2
Location: Mental Health Wards Across Surrey (Exact Locations still tbc)
Term: 12 Month Fixed Term (This maybe extended depending on funding)
Ever wanted to be part of something NEW, something EXCITING, something really WORTHWHILE, that will CHANGE LIVES?
Mary Frances Trust (MFT) is a charity organisation established in 1994 by people who used mental health services, carers and professionals to support people with any mental or emotional health problems.
Our mission is to:
- Work alongside people experiencing any kind of emotional or mental health issues for as long as they need and inspire them to develop the skills that will help them to restore and maintain their emotional wellbeing.
- Involve people with experience of mental health at every level of the organisation so they can help us design, deliver, monitor, and review our services to ensure they respond to their changing needs.
- Consistently challenge stigma attached to mental illness and raise awareness of the importance for everyone to look after their mental wellbeing.
- Lead and co-ordinate the development and delivery of first-class, voluntary mental health services in Surrey.
- Maintain sufficient funding streams to be able to provide person-centered services to people experiencing any kind of emotional or mental issues.
In-Reach is a pilot project delivered in collaboration with Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. The In-Reach Worker will work intensively with a caseload of individuals at the point of discharge from mental health wards and continue to support them beyond discharge for up to 3 weeks. The In-Reach Worker will work with individuals, families, carers and health professionals to develop wrap-around support plans to enable better integration into community services and reduce re-admission rates. The role will involve working as part of a small team and linking in with ward staff, home treatment teams, community mental health recovery teams and care coordinators.
The In-Reach Worker will:
- Have appropriate previous community experience of mental health, wellbeing and behaviour change work with adults
- Be highly independent
- Have a high degree of initiative
- Be a self-starter
- Be confident working in a developing and fast-paced service
In return for your commitment and hard work we can offer:
- A competitive salary!
- 37 hour working week!
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays!
- Flexible working hours!
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company pension scheme!
- Investment in personal development!
- Ongoing training!
Mary Frances Trust is committed to the safeguarding of the people who use its services, therefore this post will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.