Community & Events Fundraiser
Note: We have two positions available. One full-time @37.5hrs per week and one part-time @ 18.5hrs per week.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising the successful applicant will lead the following functions:
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Recruit, manage, and support volunteer fundraisers within the community to include 3rd party events
- Identify and develop new relationships with fundraising groups and high potential individuals
- Retain and develop relationships through fundraising within Schools, Colleges and recreational groups
- Retain and ensure sustainability of existing partnerships with organisations, and individuals by developing long term relationships and guidance
- Be responsible for the organisation of hospice led events and develop the hospice events calendar alongside the Head of Fundraising.
- A good understanding of community fundraising, event and project management, health & safety requirements.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising to develop opportunities and new innovations
- Assist with the production of fundraising materials and develop new projects and campaigns.
- Ensure all activities and events are completed with the Charity’s objectives in mind.
- Supporting colleagues in fundraising, awareness and events.
- Promote, support and represent the work of Mary Stevens Hospice
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Confident in the role of a community and event fundraiser, bringing fresh ideas into the future growth and work of Mary Stevens Hospice and its projects.
- Experience in coordinating and managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Experience in organising, leading and managing events
- Process driven, confident in developing efficient and effective systems to increase the productivity of the organisation;
- Able to support and consolidate learning and development across the organisation; committed to informal and formal ongoing professional development.
- Excellent communication skills and highly literate; confident public speaker, able to operate with diplomacy, tact and empathy.
- Essential personal qualities – strong ‘completer-finisher’, conscientious, efficient; flexible, energetic, determined and passionate about the work of the charity.