· Full time, Permanent
· £32,635 - £35,515 per annum (depending on experience) plus pension, medical and dental insurance
· 25 days holiday (plus 3 additional days to be taken between Christmas and New Year)
· 4pm finish on Fridays
· Central London location (Covent Garden) – currently working from home
The Masonic Charitable Foundation is seeking an experienced Team Leader to develop and manage our frontline enquiries team. Each month we receive hundreds of phone calls and emails from people who need our help. The team’s Enquiries Officers are often the first point of contact with the MCF and play a key role in our grants process. Working closely with the Grants Manager, Advice and Support Team Leaders, and the Visiting Volunteer team, the Team Leader is responsible for ensuring the service delivered is supportive, knowledgeable and efficient.
This is an exciting time to join us as we are reviewing the service we offer and how it can be improved. The successful applicant will play a key role in our response by developing the team and helping to implement a service which reflects the needs of our community.
Previous experience of managing a helpline or enquiries service is essential. You must have demonstrable supervisory skills, ideally including working with remote staff members. A good understanding of state benefits and previous experience of grant making are also desirable.
The team is usually based in our central London office on the edge of Covent Garden but the entire charity is currently home-based due to the Covid-19 crisis.
· To manage a small team of (currently remote working) Enquiries Officers to provide a high quality service to members of the masonic community.
· To ensure the team responds to enquiries within agreed timescales in a professional and courteous manner, in line with policy and agreed practice.
· To oversee complex enquiries and provide the team with support on eligibility, policy and process.
· To maintain accurate enquiry records and related monitoring and evaluation information
· To work with internal and external suppliers to resolve operational service issues on individual cases.
· To build and maintain excellent working relationship with internal and external stakeholders
· Experience of managing a helpline or enquiries service
· Complaint resolution
· Strong IT skills as a user Microsoft office applications
· Excellent communication skills; written, telephone and face to face
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently
· Strong attention to detail
· Good understanding of UK benefits
· Experience of delivering and improving a customer service function
· Social work qualification or experience of working in an advisory capacity
· Knowledge of health, care or education sectors
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that we will be unable to consider your application without a covering letter.
Deadline for applications: 6 July 2020
Date for interviews: w/c 13 July 2020