Are you seeking a new challenge for 2020?
The Masonic Charitable Foundation (MCF) is looking for a Marketing Manager to promote its charitable services and support fundraising activities. We are looking for a candidate with proven management experience as well as the vision and drive to take our marketing to the next level.
Working in collaboration with service-delivery and fundraising colleagues, you will use your creativity, marketing knowledge and experience to create, deliver and evaluate marketing strategies and campaigns that support the MCF’s operational goals.
Through regular contact with local MCF representatives, you will understand the needs of our target audiences and the value of our brand as you refine messages and devise new activities.
Your work will raise awareness and understanding of the wide range of services available from the MCF, encouraging enquiries and applications from those who may require our help; it will also inspire and thank our supporters and fundraisers.
To deliver your strategies and campaigns, you will oversee a six-figure budget and manage a team of four marketing professionals. You will supervise and coach the team to plan and create effective written, visual and video content across digital, print and other channels.
Post: Marketing Manager
Description: A member of the charity’s Operational Delivery Group, responsible for the communications activities in the corporate plan; supporting and enabling other functions to deliver their own objectives through marketing activities; managing the marketing function and budget.
Location: Covent Garden, London
Hours: 34 hours per week (early finish on Fridays); occasional evening or weekend work may be required
Contract: Full-time, permanent role; probationary period of 6 months
Salary: Circa £39,495 - £46,465 (dependent upon experience)
Holiday: 25 days (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service), plus additional 3 days to be taken between Christmas and New Year
Benefits: Excellent package including contributory pension, medical and dental plans, access to various health, wellness and retail benefits
Reports to: Head of Communications
Team: Senior Marketing Executive, two Marketing Executives, Press and Marketing Assistant
Start Date: February / March 2020
About the Masonic Charitable Foundation
The Masonic Charitable Foundation (MCF) is one of the UK’s leading charities, providing a range of benevolent support to individuals and awarding grants to local and national charities.
Our work helps to encourage opportunity, promote independence and improve wellbeing for thousands of people each year. Least year, the MCF awarded support totalling over £18 million. Our support is funded from the donations of freemasons, their families and friends.
The MCF was founded in 2016 following the merger of four charities that had operated separately since the eighteenth century.
· Draft, deliver and report on the marketing activities within the Corporate Plan
· Create, manage and report on the marketing strategy budget
· Recruit and manage a multidisciplinary communications team
· Prepare, manage and deliver the MCF’s multi-channel content calendar
· Maintain effective relationships with internal clients, external suppliers and Masonic contacts
· Protect and enhance the MCF brand
• Qualification in a relevant field
• Experience of managing a multidisciplinary communications team
• Devising and managing marketing projects from inception to completion
• Developing integrated communication plans across a range of media including print, digital and press
• A track-record of delivering operational plans and projects to tight deadlines and prioritising workload of self and team
• Proven experience of building effective relationships with peers, senior colleagues and high-level stakeholders
• Understanding of marketing best practice and sector trends
• Understanding of how marketing and media activities affect reputational risk when liaising with or influential external stakeholders
• A positive, pro-active, can-do attitude with a track record of overcoming obstacles to achieve the organisation’s objectives and project targets
• Highly proficient use of Microsoft Office, Adobe Create Suite, content management systems and other online applications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write and speak persuasively to a range of audiences
• An understanding of Data Protection and how it relates to marketing
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Membership of a professional organisation
• An understanding of Freemasonry
• Experience of the charity sector
How to apply
Please provide a copy of your CV together with a covering letter explaining how you meet the person specification.
Deadline for applications: 12.00 noon, Friday, 31 January 2020
Interviews to take place during week commencing 10 February 2020
Please note: Candidates invited to attend an interview will be asked to prepare a short presentation – further details will be provided to all shortlisted applicants.