FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Regional Advice & Support Adviser
Responsible for geographical regions of: Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Surrey, Northamptonshire & Huntingdonshire plus other surrounding areas
- This is a fixed term contract of one year
- Monday-Friday, 34 hours per week
- £29,190 to £31,765 per annum (depending on experience) plus £5,000 per annum car allowance, generous pension, medical and dental insurance (on completion of probationary period)
- 25 days holiday (plus 3 additional days to be taken between Christmas and New Year)
Advice & Support Team Leader (South)
Our Advisers are home-based workers. They are compassionate and dedicated to responding to the needs of Freemasons and their dependents in their area, providing essential support. They are professional and accountable, working independently but collaborating with volunteers, colleagues, and local agencies to provide an exceptional service on behalf of the charity.
Their main purpose is to visit and contact members of the Masonic community to determine their needs and to help them to access support from the MCF and other relevant agencies. Support is provided by providing a combination of home visits, telephone calls, or video calling.
The role also provides guidance, support and recommendations to office based staff processing applications for our extensive range of grants to support those in need. They form close and effective working relationships with local volunteers, providing support and guidance to extend our reach.
The right candidate will enjoy and excel at managing their own diary and workload and would have significant experience of working in an educational, health or social care environment. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential for this role along with the ability to show empathy. For this post, previous experience in an advisory role is essential to enable the candidate to quickly contribute to the team’s work. The role is field based and involves a significant amount of travel and home working so to be successful in this role you need to be able to prioritise and be comfortable working independently with limited day to day supervision.
The post holder will be responsible for Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Surrey, Northamptonshire & Huntingdonshire plus other surrounding areas
The candidate must have their own vehicle, or be willing to purchase one themselves, and access to reliable broadband. A car allowance and mileage will be paid on top of the salary. IT equipment and a company mobile phone will be provided.
- Responding to/visiting freemasons and their dependents to:
o provide support and advice; and
o determine relevant support from the MCF or other agencies to meet their needs
- Face-to-face visits, video conferencing and substantial telephone calls are required to provide extensive and detailed support.
- Production of comprehensive accurate and comprehensive reports detailing agreed plans and all relevant supporting documents
- Liaising with colleagues within the department to provide guidance and support in processing applications for our extensive range of grants to assist those in need.
- Ambassadorial role for MCF, liaising with other stakeholders. Designing, collaborating and delivering presentations and workshops to raise awareness of the role of the Advice, Support and Enquiries Team and support available from the MCF.
· Significant experience of working in an educational; health or social care environment
· Experience of working in an advisory role
· Good understanding of UK benefits and relevant legislation.
· Excellent communication skills
· Good interpersonal skills including ability to show empathy
· Report writing skills
· Ability to work independently and with limited day to day supervision
· Strong attention to detail especially in transposing facts and numerical data
· Good basic IT Skills and competent using everyday technology
· Full UK driving licence
· Vocational or professional qualification in education; health or social care
· Community based experience
· Good understanding of financial matters such as self-employed accounts; small business accounts; bankruptcy and debt management
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and how you meet the person specification
Deadline for applications: 22nd September 2021
Date for interviews: Week commencing 27th September 2021
Please note interviews may take place remotely or at our London Head Office.