Masorti Judaism is looking for a part time Major Donor Fundraising Lead. You will manage our small but effective major donor programme, including holding relationships with our existing supporters, and building relationships with those who might wish to support us in future.
According to the last person to hold the role “it’s such a warm, nurturing place to work, and the donors are so down-to earth, it really feels like family.”
Masorti Judaism is a community development, leadership training and youth work charity, serving as the umbrella organisation for a network of Jewish communities in London and across the UK. We enable our teams of community leaders and youth workers to support over 6000 community members and young people, including many who would otherwise be isolated by the pandemic.
The core responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing the major donor programme: ensuring every donor or potential donor is being looked after and given a great experience as well as relevant, hand-picked opportunities to support Masorti Judaism’s work
- Managing 5-10 existing major donors: calling them, setting up meetings with you and other team members, updating them on the impact they’ve had using stories and multimedia, gaining insight and offering further opportunities to support
- Managing 7-10 potential major donors: again setting up meetings, gaining insight on what they like or don’t, matching that to the work we’re doing, and giving them opportunities to support financially and otherwise
- Managing invitations to events: we run at least 2 cultivations events each year, plus an Annual Dinner (probably not in person in 2021!). You don’t have to organise them, but you do need to make sure the right people are invited, and are followed up with for personal meetings
- Financial reporting: you’ll need to use our CRM to keep track of donors’ capacity, propensity to donate and stewardship stage, and report monthly on progress against targets
- Depending on your experience you will mentor or support our CEO and Deputy CEO in their major donor relationships, and there is the opportunity to be involved in our other funding streams, including our annual campaign, legacy fundraising and challenge events.
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience holding relationships with donors giving £3,000+ to a charitable organisation (but potentially you’ll have a lot more)
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage your own workload
- First rate oral communication and good writing skills
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Computer literacy including Microsoft 365
- High level of proficiency working with a CRM (we use Beacon, which is most comparable to Salesforce)
- Experience of the Jewish community or Jewish charities (desirable)
Flexible working, location, salary, benefits
We encourage working flexibly, in fact most of us do – talk to us about what will work for you. Right now, the work is remote with the option to come into the office when necessary. Post-Covid it will combine being based in our office in Finchley Central, London, working remotely, and visiting donors in London and Hertfordshire.
Salary: we’re open to a wide range of experience, so the salary will range from £35,000 - £55,000 FTE depending on your experience and track record – those with 2 years major donor experience at the beginning of that scale, those with 7+ and an excellent track record towards the top.
Benefits: pension with 5% employer’s contribution, 20 days holiday a year plus Jewish and public holidays, life/incapacity insurance and generous maternity/paternity benefits after 1-2 years in post
Training opportunities: we encourage ongoing CPD and will arrange training and mentoring as required.
To apply, please send a CV and covering note or for more information contact us to set up a confidential chat. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Masorti Judaism is committed to equal opportunities, inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from people of all faith backgrounds and none.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.