PARTNERSHIP MARKETING MANAGER - Not-for-profit
Material Focus, the organisation behind the new UK-wide Recycle Your Electricals campaign
Hello! We’re a not-for-profit start-up looking for a Partnership marketing manager to help us get the nation reusing and recycling their unwanted electricals. It’s the next movement in recycling and has the potential to save lives, money and protect the environment. Having launched in April 2020 we have started to work with a number of local authorities, and businesses and, we are now at a stage where we need to develop this further.
We have spent 2020 testing messaging, moments, channels and have learnt which tactics lead to action. The next phase of our campaign is to build relationships with as many potential partners as possible to get our message to consumers en masse.
We want to work with organisations and people who share a common goal, to get the nation reusing and recycling their old electricals - local authorities, retailers, producers, charities, repair cafes, schools. environmental organisations...
You’ll be part of a small, but growing team who are all committed to our challenge to get the nation reusing and recycling their unwanted electricals. You will be given the chance to come in and have an immediate impact on a well-funded non-profit organisation, with this important mission.
And you’ll be able to establish a good work life balance with somewhat flexible hours and the ability to flexibly work from home once the pandemic is over.
We are looking for a self-starter, who has 3 years experience in partnership marketing, who is focussed on delivery, and is passionate about working on environmental and social good campaigns. You’ll thrive on the fact that we’re just starting up, with the opportunity to quickly show results.
Managing electrical waste is one of the biggest challenges of our time - it is the fastest growing waste stream in the world - and in the UK. As technology evolves at such a fast pace, older electrical and electronic items are often made redundant. Most of us don’t know what to do with our old electricals and end up either binning or hoarding them. The reality is that everything with a plug, a cable or a battery can be recycled and turned into anything from children’s playgrounds to life saving equipment. Reusing and recycling unwanted electricals helps save lives, save the environment and stops those precious resources from being lost forever.
We are a busy start-up, having been set up to get the nation reusing and recycling their unwanted electricals - and save precious resources from being lost forever.
We are a core team of 6, working with a network of trusted freelancers and agencies to get the job done.
We have launched the Recycle Your Electricals campaign to motivate and make it easy for people to reuse and repair their unwanted electricals. This is currently a low interest issue that doesn’t even occur to most people - we throw away small electricals without even thinking about it, or perhaps we consider it but we’re too busy, and what would we do with it anyway? We need to stop people in their tracks, and give them a reason to think about it, talk about it, and do the right thing. Our website has been designed as an inspiring knowledge hub with all the tools, links and resources people need to donate, repair and recycle their unwanted electricals. Our success rests on not only driving people to the site to find out their nearest reuse and recycling points, but also getting them to actually donate, sell, repair, recycle their electricals.
You’re a self-starter, a natural people person, with experience in building, growing and managing partnerships. You will help scale our impact by building and managing a partnership network to work with us on our mission. You will enjoy building mutually beneficial relationships, comfortable with discussing and agreeing the best solutions. You’ll be methodically organised to allow you to deliver on partner needs. And you’ll thrive on the fact that we’re just starting up, so there are few processes in place yet, and it’s an exciting time to make your mark.
The ideal team member will be excited about the chance to help change people’s behaviour to save the precious materials that are currently being thrown away or hoarded.
As Partnership marketing manager, you will help identify, develop and manage partners to work with us to implement our campaign. You will work with the team on the creation of partnerships with local authorities, businesses, schools, charities, environmental and business groups.
We need to work with as many partners as possible to get the message out there and get the nation recycling their electricals. We also need to identify a number of key partners where we forge deeper relationships with those who share our vision, and work with them to create meaningful activities and content for both parties.
Partnership development, delivery and performance measurement
- Work with the marketing, behaviour change and External Relations leads to develop our partnership strategy and approach - including KPIs to help us track, learn and iterate our strategy as we grow
- Develop and manage partner relationships in order to meet the organisations objectives
- Negotiate and manage partnership agreements with partners - ensuring they benefit from the resources we offer and work within the campaign brand guidelines
- Develop a partner contact base using a CRM system to record status of relationships, response and involvement levels from partners, and key agreements
- Regular reporting and analysis on partner take-up and effectiveness
- Work with web agency to develop and manage partnership portal
- Create partnership materials including web content, presentations, newsletters and regular email content for partners
- Manage and flag risks (escalating to more senior colleagues for support and intervention, where required)
Qualifications & experience
- Partnership/ account management professional with 3+ years experience in building and maintaining mutually beneficial partner relationships - either paid for or in-kind
- Likely to be resourceful, proactive, pragmatic and energetic. Happy to work on your own as well as collaborating with others - and not phased by working with a level of ambiguity
- Demonstrable interest in sustainability and behaviour change
- Ability to multi-task and determine priority projects and assignments
- Eager to experiment and learn
- Experience of managing contact management systems
- Confident networking skills - happy to email/ call/ meet new contacts and develop relationships with them
- Confident, clear & concise when presenting internally, externally and over the telephone. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Clear understanding of marketing
- Experience in building email and digital marketing campaigns, and understanding of GDPR preferable
- Experience of partner management & how to maximise relationship productivity
- Experience of running impactful events would be useful
- Strong project management skills, with attention to detail
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- 2 year contract
- Salary £37,000 per annum plus pension
- The role will be based remotely during COVID and subsequently likely to be based in Victoria, London.
Please send in your CV and a cover letter which should clearly explain to us why are you interested in the role, and why do you think you’d be a good fit? We look forward to finding out more about you. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.