About the role
Title: Digital & Communities Fundraiser
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: Volunteers
Hours: 0.4 FTE (15 hours per week)
Closing Date: 09:00 Tuesday 24th May 2022
Interview Round 1: Week Commencing 30th May 2022
Interview Round 2: Week Commencing 6th June 2022
Purpose of the role
Every year, Me2Club matches over 100 children who have additional needs or disabilities with committed and passionate volunteers to help them attend and take part in mainstream leisure activities. We tackle the impact of exclusion and social isolation experienced by children and young people and help build their confidence, self-esteem and independence.
Me2Club has seen demand for our services increase over the course of the pandemic and we are on track to help more children than ever before. With the rising cost of living, now, more than ever it is vital to keep our unique service free to access.
As our new Digital and Communities Fundraiser, you will help us identify and secure additional income streams and provide stewardship to our community supporters. You’ll help raise awareness of the importance of inclusion and share the experiences of our children and families, inspiring local communities to take action.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have a passion for inclusion and want the very best for all children, young people and their families. To be successful in this role, you will;
- Feel confident working with both digital and local communities and engaging with them through a variety of channels
- Have creative ideas on how to raise awareness and vital funds for a small local children’s charity
- Understand and value the importance of investing in relationships.
- Feel comfortable working towards ambitious and stretching goals, including financial targets
- Lead the development of additional income streams for Me2Club, namely digital fundraising
- To work with the Chief Executive Officer and Senior Fundraising and Development Coordinator to nurture relationships with community and corporate supporters
- Coordinate and deliver fundraising events and campaigns
- Provide stewardship to community supporters taking part in fundraising activities for Me2Club
- Support with the recruitment and supervision of fundraising volunteers
- With support from the Participation Officer, develop activities that build children and family participation in supporting Me2Club
- Writing impactful communications that inspires support across a range of channels, including digital, social media and print
- Assist with the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of Me2Club’s impact to a variety of audiences
- Maintain supporter and financial data
- Representing the charity at a variety of networking events
- Provide advice and guidance to ensure compliance with professional good practice and in line with fundraising regulations and policies