MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES/DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS (MSF) UK
An amazing opportunity has arisen at MSF HQ in London. They are on the look out for people with leadership skills to join the face to face fundraising team. You will fundraise for this charity at events and other sites in London, where you will inspire members of the public to support MSF with a monthly Direct Debit donation. You will also undergo leadership training during the first half of 2020, so you're ready for the Spring Summer months where your leadership skills will be put to the test. A new cohort of Fundraisers will join the team ready for the busy Summer fundraising events. You will support MSF to have their best fundraising year on record.
Global health, is more important that ever before!
Read on for a more detailed Job Description. If you apply, we will call you back to answer any of your questions.
Job Title F2F Team Leader
Hours 37.5 hours per week
Reports to Face to Face Team Coordinator
Salary Your salary equate to £12.31 an hour plus £10 per day for travel expenses from London zones. Ask for more information when you apply. You will be paid weekly, every Thursday.
Benefits £10 per day travel allowance around London, full training and ongoing coaching, regular socials with your team, work at some of the UK's biggest festivals next Summer, be invited into the office for talks from field staff who have first hand knowledge of how your hard work results in more resources for the medical staff, get leadership training from a global charity fundraising organsation.
When can I start? They are running trainings in March and April.
Who are MSF? Medecins Sans Frontieres/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) deliver medical aid where it is needed the most. Their medical teams act fast to save lives in conflict zones, natural disasters and epidemics. They are independent, neutral and impartial - meaning that rather than obtain funding from governments and organisations, MSF rely on donations from members of the public.
*Medical aid where it's needed most. Independent. Neutral. Impartial. Made possible by individuals like you.*
They work in more than 60 countries delivering essential medical care to people who need it most.
- Inspire and motivate members of the general public about Medecins Sans Frontieres’ work. To recruit long term donors, via face to face fundraising in private sites whilst ensuring the highest standards of fundraising are maintained. This will be carried out in shopping centres, train stations and events, including music festivals in the summer.
- To provide operational support to the F2F Team Coordinator in order to contribute to the motivation of a high performing team of F2F Fundraisers who inspire members of the public to become regular givers.
- Assist in the day to day logistics of the F2F team and to drive communication amongst Fundraisers.
After you apply, Marianna will be in touch. Please ask her for a full list of the duties and responsibilities of the role and she will send you the full job description.
- Previous experience working as a fundraising team leadeer/leadership experience or in any field where you've managed a team to targets.
- We're looking for passionate, very confident people with amazing interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships, rapport with supporters/customers and work within a team environment.
- Committed, reliable and resilient. We're looking for people with a strong desire to learn and achieve.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate MSF’s work.
- Proven ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Flexibility to take on other related tasks combined with a willingness to learn.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Commitment to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières.
- Ability and flexibility to travel in London and other part of the UK for special events.
Candidates must hold an appropriate passport or permit to work in the UK
APPLY NOW. We will call you back (please make sure your number is on your CV).
Interviews are being held throughout March for the leadership roles.
Bear in mind, we are also recruiting Fundraisers for this team in March and April, so if you've not got leadership skills but you want to be part of this amazing team then apply and state this when one of our team calls you back. The Fundraising role starts at £10.75 per hour and also comes with the travel allowance.