Duties and key responsibilities
Personal Assistant to the CEO
- Manage and coordinate the CEO’s diary, including arranging meetings and schedules.
- Manage and arrange UK and worldwide travel, visas and accommodation for the CEO.
- Monitor and administer the CEO’s expenses and credit card records.
- Draft correspondence for the CEO as appropriate and supports the communication lines between the CEO and the Trustees, including induction and training.
- The PA and Operations Officer is required to attend MAP Board meetings, Sub-committee meetings, Senior Management Meetings and Staff Meetings. They are responsible for:
- Arranging suitable venues and refreshments are available
- Preparing and distributing agendas and papers
- Taking minutes of meetings and recording actions
- Manage, administer or develop relationships and projects on the CEO’s behalf.
- Ensure efficient electronic filing systems are maintained in the Governance and Facilities folders as and when requested.
- Ensure that building maintenance and office space issues are managed proactively and engage contractors where appropriate. Invoice and collection of Insurance & Rent from MAP Annex building (Flat 1 and Flat 2).
- Ensure effective communication with suppliers including the ordering, installation and maintenance of the alarm and keyholding systems, office equipment and furniture, keys, telephones, stationery, and other equipment required for the smooth running of the office.
- Liaise with support contractors with regards to the maintenance of office equipment, including telecoms equipment and cabling, photocopiers, fax, Franking Machine and kitchen equipment.
- Manage contract cleaning, recycling, and waste disposal companies.
- Ensure that the communal areas are maintained clean and tidy and manage the provision of sundries in the kitchen.
- Ensure that the post is delivered and collected daily.
- Liaise with the HR Manager to ensure that a Health and Safety Risk assessment is carried out and actioned yearly, and to act as Health and Safety Co-ordinator to ensure that MAP meets all its health and safety obligations.
- To arrange appropriate insurance for equipment, premises, employers and public liability and travel.
- Welcome visitors to the office and ensure all visitors are dealt with courteously (meeting/greeting/coffees etc).
- Develop and rollout a call management system at MAP.
- Co-ordinate all incoming and outgoing mail, taxi, and courier requirements.
- Maintain a petty cash tin under the IMPREST system, including payment of volunteer expenses and ad hoc purchases for the office.
- Book travel arrangements, including travel insurance, when required for UK office staff, guests, and those visiting from MAP’s overseas offices.
- Manage HR system for any variances and ensure that all performance management, leave, TOIL and sickness records are properly recorded.
- Ensure that forms are issued and returned in time, and that any follow up action is documented and actioned on time, with all documentation being filed on relevant personal files.
- Organise interview arrangements for candidates and other recruitment administration such as filing interview forms etc.
- Ensure that all new staff in UK, including volunteers, receive relevant joiner information and that they receive HR/Facilities/ Health and safety Induction. Also receive DSE link and any follow-ups.
- Liaise with the HR Manager on matters regarding staff training, and to make appropriate bookings and issue documentation to all participants.
- Support HR Manager with various HR projects.
- Support cascade of HR priorities in MAP country offices.
Refreshed on: 17 March 2020
Closed date: 29 March 2020
Tags: Admin, Human Resources