Job Title: Trusts and Foundations Manager
Location: 33a, Islington Park Street, London, N1 1QB
Mission: Medical Aid for Palestinians (MAP) works for the health and dignity of Palestinians living under occupation and as refugees. MAP is the leading UK charity delivering health and medical care to those worst affected by conflict, occupation and displacement, in the occupied Palestinian territory and Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon.
Develop, implement, and maintain MAP’s Trusts and Foundations strategy to accelerate the growth of the Trusts and Foundations income stream, achieving long term, sustainable income growth within the UK and abroad. Work with the Director of Fundraising and Senior Management Team in developing pipelines and delivering income growth from the Trusts and Foundations donors.
Hours : Full-Time
Reporting to: Director of Fundraising
Key Internal Relationships : Fundraising team; CEO; Trustees; Overseas teams; volunteers.
Key External Relationships: Trusts & Foundations; Consultants; Institutional Donors
Contract : Permanent
This job description does not form part of your contract of employment and can be amended from time to time as the needs of the organisation require.
Over the past three years we have grown into a £10m+ organisation so this is an exciting time to be joining MAP’s dynamic fundraising team. You will play a crucial role in expanding our impact by helping to raise funding for our existing projects, and for the further development and growth of the organisation. We are looking for a proactive, experienced, and motivated individual with a successful track record of leading and developing a Trusts and Foundations programme to achieve ambitious income targets. As an integral part of the MAP team, you will be energetic and creative, bringing strong knowledge and leadership to the team.
This is a great opportunity for a results-driven Trusts and Foundations Manager who is passionate about working for the health and dignity of Palestinians to join a fun, dedicated, and ambitious team.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Develop and lead a Trusts and Foundations programme at MAP to secure income from active and cold audiences, focusing on donors giving £25,000+ per annum.
- Identify new channels to grow income from Trusts and Foundations outside of the charity’s existing networks.
- Lead a strategy to maximise income by seeking opportunities and pursuing these opportunities to their full potential.
- Develop and deliver tailored proposals and stewardship plans, proactively improving knowledge capture and MAP’s understanding of supporters.
- Identify, research, and cultivate leads to build a strong pipeline of Trusts and Foundations prospects that will have a significant, positive impact on income.
- Develop and implement a range of cultivation tools.
- Monitor, review and evaluate performance against strategic and operational plans, reports and financial forecasts.
- Support the mission, ethos and values of MAP.
- Carry out other associated duties in line with the broad remit of the position.
- Support and promote diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace.
- Share knowledge, specialist expertise and best practice with the wider team.
- Represent and be an ambassador for MAP.
- Maintain and improve competencies through continuous professional development.
- Abide by organisational policies, codes of conduct and practices.
- Treat with confidentiality any personal, private, or sensitive information about individual organisations and/or clients, staff and MAP data.
- Substantial experience of working in a donor focused organisation, with a record of achievement in Trusts and Foundations.
- Strong experience of managing and developing relationships with Trusts and Foundations
- Personal experience of securing and supporting donations (at a five/six-figure level) from Trusts and Foundations by producing high quality, compelling written and creative materials, with close attention to detail in written tasks.
- Experience of using databases as a planning, communications, and analysis/reporting tool.
- Experience of working with Institutional funders or charity partnerships both in the UK and internationally (Desirable).
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience of developing effective relationships.
- Ability to distil, summarise and sell complex contextual and programme information into proposals and face to face pitch for a wide range of Trusts and Foundations audiences.
- Effective, compelling communication skills (including writing, proof reading and copywriting) with excellent networking and influencing skills.
- Strategic thinking and ability to manage and prioritise several projects and tasks.
- Team working in an open, able, and willing manner to deliver beyond a personal brief.
- Ability to analyse data and market intelligence and present it in a clear and usable form.
- Excellent project and budget management and resource control skills.
- Knowledge of philanthropic and Trusts and Foundations trends across the UK and abroad, and the ability to identify new opportunities.
- Good understanding of legal and regulatory issues relevant to fundraising, marketing and charitable giving, including GDPR and data protection.
- Evidence of recent continuing professional development in an area relevant to the post.
Personal Attributes and Other Requirements
- Commitment to anti-discriminatory practice and equal opportunities.
- An ability to apply awareness of diversity issues to all areas of work.
- Commitment to the values and ethos of MAP.
- Able to travel internationally.
- Able to work flexibly in emergencies and to meet specific deadlines including some evenings and weekends.
MAP UK LONDON OFFICE BENEFITS
1) 25 Annual leave + 3 days non-contractual closure over Christmas
2) Season ticket loan on completion of probation
3) Enhanced maternity leave on completion of probation
4) Salary increment in Year 1 and Year 3
5) Salary review planned for 2021 end of the year
6) Good training and development budget
7) Currently operating on hybrid model with few days in office
8) 24*7 Employee Assistance Program
9) Life Assurance of 4 times Annual Salary
10) Pension Plan on sliding scale with MAP contributing equal or higher than employee