To help the team responsible for selecting, socialising and carrying out the early training of Medical Detection Dog puppies by providing administrative and other general support and be the first point of contact for the department.
Reports to: Supply and Training Manager
Support for Socialisers and Fosterers
- Assist the Volunteer team with the recruitment of new Socialisers and Fosterers
- Ensure that all potential Socialisers and Fosterers are dealt with in a timely manner, from initial enquiries through to acceptance.
- Organise Socialiser and Fosterer information and training days.
- Ensure puppy packs are prepared in advance of a new puppy arriving so they can be passed onto the Socialiser via their Trainer.
- Provide Reception cover when required, meeting and greeting volunteers and clients when they first arrive in the Medical Alert Assistance Dog reception.
- Be first point of contact on the department main phone line and to field calls appropriately.
- Ensure that Harlequin CRM is kept up to date, including all dog details, dog moves and Socialiser details.
- Inform the Charity’s insurer when a puppy is accepted into Medical Detection Dogs.
- Inform the Charity’s dog food provider when a puppy is accepted into Medical Detection Dogs, and update them when a puppy or dog moves from one address to another.
- Attend Department meetings, take notes and circulate when required.
- Support the manager and team members when required on administration tasks, running reports, data inputting, filing and arranging dogs to be collected and dropped off
- Support the Ambassador Dog scheme with administration tasks.
- To support any events that are held by the Dog Supply and Socialising team or Medical Detection Dogs.
- Any other tasks or ad hoc duties agreed with your line manager required to ensure the successful running of the charity.
- Minimum of two years admin experience in a voluntary, customer service or similar role
- Experience of undertaking a range of administrative functions, be well organised, efficient and have excellent attention to detail,
- Excellent time management and organisation skills with a methodical and accurate approach, combined with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Clear and concise written communication skills,
- Excellent verbal communication skills and experienced in dealing with a wide range of people internally and externally. This will include members of the public, the media, managers and other colleagues
- A high level of competency in MS Office packages Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Prior experience of using CRM systems
- Enthusiastic, confident, and motivated,
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.