The Medical Research Foundation is searching for a Senior Research Evaluation Manager to shape and lead the evaluation of the impact of our funded research, to demonstrate the impact we are making in our strategy to fund the very best medical research to change lives.
Many of the diseases and conditions that affect human health have been cured or overcome as a result of medical research. But there will always be more to do. Although significant resources are being spent around the world developing exciting new treatments and therapies, there are areas of medical need that receive little or no support - and people’s lives that see no improvement. That’s where we step in.
The Medical Research Foundation is an independent charitable foundation. Formed by the Medical Research Council (MRC), we fund and support the most promising health research wherever we discover great opportunities that are not being pursued. We use our donations responsibly and ensure we make the greatest impact where it is most needed.
About the Role
To fund more of this research, we need to be able to persuade donors that what we do is impactful and that the funding that we provide makes a difference, as well as deliver on our strategy of funding research which is high need, low investment. To do this we need to capture and report on the outputs and impact of the research that we support and present the data and tell the stories that demonstrate impact. You will join our rapidly expanding team in our central London offices to provide leadership for our monitoring and evaluation processes and ensure that we have a sound evidence-base to support our funding schemes and of the outputs and impact of individual research projects. You will be motivated to learn and develop your skills in those aspects of the role where you have less experience.
What you will do in the role
- develop appropriate M&E systems and tools that align with our new Theory of Change and M&E framework to demonstrate the impact of funding calls and schemes.
- optimise the use of the existing Researchfish and end-of-grant reporting tools.
- optimise other data collection points to support M&E e.g. applications.
- implement, review and revise the new M&E systems and tools.
- develop a three-year schedule of M&E activities and reviews, evaluate and revise for the future.
- oversee data collection and analysis
- keep abreast of tools and methods for M&E and data visualisation, and be a source of expertise in this area.
- lead on impact reporting; write and contribute to reports; present to our Board of Trustees and wider external audiences.
What you can bring to the role
- experience of implementation or management of monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment and reporting
- data collection and collation skills using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- experience managing databases and interpreting and analysing large volumes of data
- an understanding of theories, concepts and approaches to evaluation
- strong data collection, visualisation and analysis skills
- a good understanding of data management and GDPR
- A salary up to £43,000 (pro rata), dependent on experience.
- Part-time hours of 18-25.2 hours per week (0.5-0.7 FTE) worked over 3-5 days.
- Annual pay award, performance award scheme and other rewards.
- Generous pension contribution, with no qualifying period.
- 30 days annual leave each year, plus public holidays.
- Flexi-time system and core working hours of 10am to 4pm.
- Employee assistance programme and other health-related benefits.
- An opportunity to make a difference to human health.
- Fantastic colleagues.
This role will be on a 2 year contract in the first instance
The vacancy will close on or before 20 October 2021 and we advise you to apply as soon as possible. Applications will be considered as they are received and the vacancy will close early if a suitable candidate is found.
A copy of the recruitment information pack and equal opportunities monitoring form are attached as separate documents for you to download.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.