Location: Leighton Buzzard
Salary: £40-£45k p.a FTE
Hours of work: 16-20 hours per week
The MedicAlert Foundation has been providing life-saving support and assurance to its members since 1964. In the event of an emergency crucial information can be accessed by emergency professionals allowing for fast and accurate treatment. As the original and best provider of medical ID services, MedicAlert is a small, friendly and productive charity with its own production unit and member support team including in-house medical professionals. We place our members at the heart of all we do providing them and their loved ones with peace of mind and giving them confidence to live life to the full, be active and join in.
About the role:
As Financial Controller you will provide an effective financial management service to the charity and to be responsible for all financial operations of the charity. You will ensure that the charity has sound financial controls and that all statutory requirements are met.
You will be joining a small team of hard-working passionate people, so this is an opportunity to take on all financial operations head on in a predominantly hands on role. You will be keen to get stuck in and take on all practical elements of this role, working well within a team environment.
Key duties include:
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of financial transactions using Xero software, including payment of suppliers, invoicing, journals, and movements in assets.
- Produce monthly management accounts for the CEO, SMT and Trustees.
- Produce financial costings and projections for projects and strategic options being considered.
- Work with the CEO to compile a viable annual budget relating to the Business Plan for approval by the trustees.
- To ensure compliance and manage the organisation’s legal requirements and ensure statutory returns to governmental bodies (including the Charity Commission, Registrar of Companies and HMRC are accurate and lodged in accordance with official deadlines
Qualifications and experience
- A professional accountancy qualification
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with evidence of continuing professional development
- Budgeting and financial management including risk management
- Knowledge and experience of governance
- IT literate with excellent knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft packages.
- Experience of Xero
Please click the 'How to apply' button for more details.
No agencies please.