Are you an experienced fundraiser looking for the opportunity to join a small, friendly team and drive the growth of an as-of-yet untapped income stream for a growing, dynamic charity supporting NHS patients in hospital?
MediCinema is a national, registered UK charity that improves the wellbeing and quality of life of NHS patients, their families and carers through the power of the shared cinema experience and the magic of film. We achieve this by building and running cinemas in hospitals equipped with space for beds, wheelchairs and medical equipment, and providing free films (and activities) at bedsides for patients of all ages. Our services, currently available in six hospitals, help to improve emotional, mental and physical health, reducing isolation, anxiety and stress, and increasing patient resilience.
Having pivoted quickly to meet the needs for patients during the pandemic - reimagining our services to support over 43,000 people - we are rebuilding this year and will then re-enter a period of expansion with three new sites planned for 2022-2025. All of which means varied and challenging work in MediCinema’s small Head Office.
Your new role
We are looking for a skilled and experienced fundraiser with a passion for Individual Giving and /or Digital Marketing and, ideally, some experience of Trusts and Foundation fundraising, to own, grow and develop the charity’s Individual Giving income stream to annual targets.
You will build the charity’s Individual Giving from a largely undeveloped donor pool to a proactive programme providing significant and sustainable support to the charity, focused on regular, one off, mid-level, legacy and fundraisers. You will also support the CEO on Trust and Foundation income, and work closely with the small but vibrant team in other areas as required to deliver the organisation’s funding needs.
The role will involve appropriately recruiting and stewarding individual supporters of all levels, identifying people from throughout MediCinema’s network who may support MediCinema as an individual or through their organisation, building personal relationships with mid-tier donors and trust and foundation contacts, making applications and managing data and reporting.
What you'll need to succeed
• Experience of delivering a strong increase in income through donor acquisition and retention, or trusts and foundations.
• Able to lead and develop strategic support from individuals at all levels, and trusts and foundations in conjunction with the CEO.
• Able to operate independently as the first port of call for both existing and potential supporters.
• Strong fundraising experience likely to have been gained over 4+ years, with specific experience in individual giving or digital marketing desirable, and ideally trusts and foundations.
• Experience of producing written appeals, digital marketing campaigns, copywriting, funding applications, proposals, updates and reports.
• Driven, enthusiastic and able to use initiative with a creative, solution-focused approach.
• Able to multi-task, prioritise strategically and manage workload with conflicting deadlines.
• High attention to detail.
• Confident inter-personal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Able to work effectively with Senior Executives, trustees and key stakeholders at all levels.
• Experience of using a fundraising CRM, especially Salesforce (desirable).
What you'll get in return
A busy and highly rewarding role in a dynamic, growing organisation - with exposure to further development and responsibilities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, read the full job spec attached, and to apply just forward us an up-to-date copy of your CV and a supporting statement of maximum 2 pages long outlining your suitability for and interest in the role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.