Title: Fundraising Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 pro rata (4 days) depending on skills and experience
Contract: 3 months initially with extension subject to review
Reporting to: CEO, Melanoma Focus
Location: Remote working (mostly)
Be part of Melanoma Focus and work for a dynamic, small, friendly team dedicated to supporting melanoma patients, carers and healthcare professionals.
Melanoma Focus is a national charity based in Cambridge, serving patients and clinicians alike, with a strong professional membership and an important advocacy role in patient care. We are well-established as a trusted source of knowledge and good practice in the melanoma community, with significant international respect and a reputation for ‘boxing above our weight’. Our clinical guidelines and consensus statements on various aspects of the disease, and in particular its rarest forms, are accredited by NICE. Our Melanoma Helpline, run by expert clinical nurse specialists, and the Patient Decision Aid support patients and carers throughout their melanoma care pathway.
Are you a strong all-round fundraiser dealing with varied campaigns and individual giving? Can you inspire and motivate donors and fundraisers to engage further with Melanoma Focus? If so, this is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious organisation with a determination to make a difference to the lives of UK patients with melanoma. We want to build on our fundraising success and develop a stronger and more diversified income base to secure funds and deliver our vision. You will have a good mix of relationship, communication and technical skills.
We are committed to welcoming people from the widest possible diversity of background, culture and experience.
Application process: email CV and covering letter explaining your interest in this specific role to Susanna Daniels.
Please put Fundraising Manager as the email subject.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintaining and improving all forms of communications with individuals and potential corporate donors who are not grant-giving bodies and are not in the pharmaceutical sector
- Acting as the main point of contact for individuals and corporates contacting the charity about all aspects of charitable giving
- To write, manage and monitor the fundraising budget across all areas of fundraising (other than the Pharmaceutical Industry)
- Undertake post-campaign analysis and make recommendations for future improvements
- To develop and deliver fundraising plans with corporate bodies and individual fundraisers providing excellent supporter care
- To research prospective donors and plan and orchestrate fundraising initiatives that build long-term engagement
- To develop our corporate support programme and matched funding schemes
- To develop our legacy proposition
- To ensure that the highest professional and ethical standards are adopted to meet relevant legal, professional, regulatory and compliance requirements
EXPERIENCE (E = essential, D = desirable)
- Excellent IT, administrative and analytical skills (E)
- Ability to establish and develop contact with corporates at an appropriate and senior level, especially those responsible for donations to charity (E)
- Knowledge of corporate donation practice, especially matched funding schemes and the scheduling of giving activities (E)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both face-to-face and on the telephone (E)
- Previous professional fundraising roles with some specific focus on individual giving (E)
- Achieved significant income growth (E)
- Setting budgets, objectives and analytics for a broad range of income channels (E)
- Devising fundraising strategies and campaigns to reach new audiences (E)
- Delivering all fundraising activity within an agreed budget (E)
- Creating accurate, enticing and creative written copy (E)
- Creation of a legacy programme (D)
- Working within a small team (D)
- Experience and effective discipline of working remotely (D)
- A passion for making a difference to melanoma patients, carers and healthcare professionals.
- Flexible approach and adaptable to working in a small cross-functional team.
- Ability to prioritise conflicting demands and tight deadlines; able to work with team members to share, motivate and influence; creative, strategic thinker, with a ‘Can Do’ attitude; desire to use initiative and seek continuous improvement.
- Agile and responsive to a changing fundraising environment.
- Willing and able to carry out other tasks when required.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.