Title: Social Media & Digital Marketing Officer
Salary: £20 per hour, part-time
Contract: 3 months initially with extension subject to review
Reporting to: CEO, Melanoma Focus
Location: Remote working
Be part of Melanoma Focus and work for a growing and dynamic team dedicated to supporting melanoma patients, carers and healthcare professionals.
Melanoma Focus is a national charity based in Cambridge, serving patients and clinicians alike, with a strong professional membership and an important advocacy role in patient care. We are well-established as a trusted source of knowledge and good practice in the melanoma community, with significant international respect and a reputation for ‘boxing above our weight’. Our clinical guidelines and consensus statements on various aspects of the disease, and in particular its rarest forms, are accredited by NICE. Our Melanoma Helpline, run by expert clinical nurse specialists, and the Patient Decision Aid support patients and carers throughout their melanoma care pathway.
We are looking for someone who can assist our small but growing fundraising and marketing team, who likes to make things happen and will take our social media strategy to the next level. This role would suit someone with specific experience in digital marketing, particularly social media marketing, and who is passionate about making a difference to patient care. We are committed to welcoming people from the widest possible diversity of background, culture and experience.
Application process: email CV and covering letter to Susanna Daniels.
Reference: Social Media & Digital Marketing Officer as the email subject.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain and increase the charity's social media presence through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other platforms, providing interesting and timely updates.
- Work closely with the Melanoma Focus team to create daily content, including posts and stories (different platforms may require different content depending on engagement rates and platform trends/algorithms).
- Develop a social media strategy supporting the CEO and the Fundraising Manager for all events, campaigns, launches and the Melanoma Focus portfolio.
- Support all events, launches and campaigns through digital advertising and content creation.
- Write, or support the writing of, copy for posts on each social media platform.
- Ensure all comments and inboxes are monitored and queries and complaints are dealt with and responded to.
- Appropriately advise and manage SEO, SEM, PPC, Paid Advertising, Paid Search etc.
- Manage social media advertising on Facebook and Instagram.
- Manage Melanoma Focus’s relationship with Just Giving and similar platforms.
- Monitor social media post and advertising performance using insights and Google Analytics to budget social media spend accurately.
- Remain up to date with the latest digital marketing and fundraising developments, identifying, prioritising and implementing appropriate opportunities for Melanoma Focus.
- Ensure all content is consistent with the Melanoma Focus tone of voice, so that it enhances all marketing and fundraising efforts.
- Work closely with the Fundraising Manager to ensure fundraisers are monitored and thanked.
- Provide regular reporting on performance of social media & digital marketing.
EXPERIENCE (E = essential, D = desirable)
- Excellent IT, administrative and analytical skills (E)
- At least 2 years’ experience in social media marketing with in-depth knowledge of Facebook and Twitter (E)
- Managing and delivering social media campaigns within a charity, business or other organisation (E)
- Devising social media strategy and advertising campaigns to reach new audiences (E)
- Nurturing new and existing supporters through excellent supporter engagement via social media (E)
- Delivering all marketing activity within an agreed budget (E)
- Creating exciting, enticing and creative written copy (E)
- Promoting organisations through digital marketing activity such as SEO, PPC, Paid advertising and Paid Search (D)
- Using Google Analytics as a reporting tool (E)
- Working within a small team, preferably for a cancer-related organisation (D)
- Experience and effective discipline of working remotely (D)
- A passion for making a difference to melanoma patients, carers and healthcare professionals.
- Flexible approach and adaptable to working in a small cross-functional team.
- Ability to prioritise conflicting demands and tight deadlines; able to work with team members to share, motivate and influence; creative, strategic thinker, with a ‘Can Do’ attitude; desire to use initiative and seek continuous improvement.
- Agile and responsive to a changing social media environment.
- Willing and able to occasionally carry out other tasks for Melanoma Focus as and when required.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.