We are looking for someone who can help us develop and deliver our vision for the charity in the next decade. Do you fit the bill?
This is a business development role which forms part of our management team (SMT). As we are a small, member-led organisation, every role also involves working directly with our members. Our work is holistic, person-centred and constantly strengthened by the voice of our members.
Based: from Mencap Cottage House, Crosby and Mencap Liverpool office, City Centre
Hours: 30-37.5 hours week Monday-Friday, (flexible & term-time working available)
Salary: £25,000- £28,500 for 37.5hrs
Responsible to: the Chief Executive
Mencap Liverpool & Sefton is a local charity based in the centre of Liverpool and the middle of Sefton. We work with individuals who have a learning disability to ensure that they are valued equally, listened to and included. Most of the people we work with have mild to moderate learning disability and often get no other form of support.
In December 2018, Mencap Liverpool merged with South Sefton Mencap to form Mencap Liverpool & Sefton. This has increased our area of operations and given us many new relationships and opportunities to develop. We have a compelling vision to restore the building in Crosby, to create an inclusive place which enhances the mental wellbeing of our members (beneficiaries) and the local community.
And in December 2020, we will be celebrating the 70th Birthday of Mencap Liverpool!
- Partnership Working
- Project Management
- Income Generation
- Marketing & Communications
- Management, Influence & Leadership
- Strategy & Impact
Our ideal candidate will have an/or be able to demonstrate:
- At least two years in successful business development/income generation
- Strong understanding and alignment to our vision and mission
- Experience of working within the Third Sector
- Business Planning
- A flair for developing positive relationships
- Excellent time and workload management skills
- Demonstrable understanding of the charity funding environment
- A great team working ethic
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A natural communication and presentation style for a range of audiences
- Great attention to detail
- A high level of IT literacy
- Persuasive writing skills
- A problem solving approach and great initiative
For a detailed description of the role and person specification, please see the attached job details.
We will be holding informal interviews as applications come in, so don't wait until the closing date. Send us your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the person spec.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.