We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You’ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes;
• providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
• providing advice through our help lines and web sites
• campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want
An extremely rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and self-motivated Area Fundraising Manager to join our welcoming fundraising team on a 9 month FTC to cover maternity. The successful candidate will be achieving and gaining additional funds to directly improve the impact we can have for the people we support.
The Fundraising Manager will be responsible for the strategic direction, planning and day-to-day management of regional fundraising and relationship building for your geographical area. Ideally, the successful candidate will have some experience working within a community fundraising, sales or marketing role.
Within this role, you will achieve agreed fundraising targets for the area through effective management, support and cultivation of both existing and new regional supporters including: individuals, groups, associations and volunteers whilst maximising the current portfolio of fundraising products. You will research, identify and develop new corporate opportunities, areas of potential support and build a robust regional pipeline.
This is a home based position to work 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday, however there is a high level of flexibility and autonomy. Ideally the successful candidate will be engaged to work within Wales, Midlands and North East Anglia. We can be very flexible on location providing you are willing to travel. We are more interested in you, your skills and experience and not where you are based. The nature of community fundraising means that there will be occasional evening and weekend work, for which time off in lieu will be given.
Key skills and requirements:
- The ability to develop, implement and monitor strategic plans, present budgets and interpret financial information.
- The ability to research, assess and initiate new opportunities within the context of an overall plan
- Able to manage the detailed content involved in function/event management and to support the supervision of key volunteers involved in such activities
- Able to recruit, develop and train, motivate and manage individuals and teams of Volunteers to give off their very best
- Able to use interpersonal skills in order to engage effectively with others, build rapport, relationships and understand what motivates our supporters
- Written communication skills and a high level of numeracy to be able to produce business plans, monthly reviews, press releases, letters, presentations and other similar documents
- Excellent verbal communication skills, to be able to deliver presentations and give local media interviews
- Able to work as part of a team, to see and understand the national picture and to contribute effectively to team plans and goals
- Good experience working within community fundraising or working within a charity
If you have the relevant skills and experiences we are looking for and this opportunity sounds like the perfect role for you, please click the “Apply” button below to express your interest and to begin the application process.
Please ensure you provide an up-to-date CV along with a covering letter stating why you should be considered for this role... Good luck!!
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Car Allowance of £4119 per year
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions upto 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service life cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract