We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes;
- providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
- providing advice through our help lines and web sites
- campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and self-motivated Community Fundraiser to join our welcoming and established fundraising team.
The successful candidate will be achieving and gaining additional funds to directly improve the impact we can have for people with a learning disability across the United Kingdom.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
Covering Wales and the Midlands, the Area Fundraising Manager will be directly responsible for the strategic direction, planning and day-to-day management of all community fundraising for your geographical area.
Within this role, you will achieve agreed fundraising targets for the area through effective management, support and cultivation of both existing and new regional supporters including: individuals, groups, associations, local corporates and schools whilst maximising the current portfolio of Mencap Owned Products. You will research, identify and develop new community fundraising opportunities, areas of potential support and build a robust regional pipeline.
The role is home based. There will be travel around the areas that the role covers – Wales and the Midlands at present.
This position is a 12 month fixed term contract to work 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday. The nature of community fundraising is that there will be occasional evening and weekend work, for which time off in lieu will be given.
Key skills and requirements (essential):
- The ability to develop, implement and monitor strategic plans, present budgets and interpret financial information
- The ability to research, assess and initiate new opportunities within the context of an overall plan
- Able to recruit, develop and train, motivate and manage individuals and teams of Volunteers to give their very best
- Able to use interpersonal skills in order to engage effectively with others, understand what motivates them and respond appropriately
- Written communication skills and a high level of numeracy to be able to produce business plans, monthly reviews, press releases, letters, presentations and other similar documents
- Excellent verbal communication skills, to be able to deliver presentations and give local media interviews
- Able to work as part of a team, to see and understand the national picture and to contribute effectively to team plans and goals
- IT literate – use of word-processing, spreadsheets PowerPoint and databases
- Experience of working in community fundraising and delivering or exceeding income targets
(Please see the ‘role profile’ for a more extensive list of responsibilities, experiences and key skills required for this role and the full Job Description and Personal Specification)
If you have the relevant skills and experiences we are looking for and this opportunity sounds like the perfect role for you, please click the “Apply” button to express your interest and to begin the application process.
Please apply with your up to date CV and a covering letter informing us why you feel you are suitable for the role.
This role will close on close for shortlisting on 29th Jan 2021 and interviews will take place via MS Teams on
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions up to 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don’t join the Plan you start, you will be auto-enrolled after three months with us.
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation, bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap Extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract