We support three individuals with a learning disability living in a shared home in Redbridge. Their ages range between 56 to 76 years of age.
You will meet them regularly to support them getting out into the community and engaging in leisure and social activities they enjoy. These could include:
- Catching up at a local cafe
- Attending parties and social functions
- Visiting the cinema or other places of interest
You will be introduced and get to know them with the support of Mencap staff.
What days and times do I need to be available?
You will need to be available for at least 2 to 4 hours every fortnight. We are flexible with the hours but we want to achieve consistency for the people we support.
We ask for a minimum commitment of six months.
Visits can take place in the morning, evening or on the weekend.
As a Mencap volunteer you will receive:
- Relevant training
- Induction to the service and volunteer role
- A settling in period to make sure this is the right role for you
- To feel fully supported in your role
- Agreed out-of-pocket expenses to be reimbursed (e.g. travel)
- The opportunity to meet new people
- The opportunity to learn new skills
- To feel appreciated and valued for my contribution
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.