Mencap are looking for a positive, passionate and inspiring leader to support, champion and grow our community and events fundraising programme on a 12 month (maternity cover) contract!
This role is here to lead our brilliant teams to inspire, retain and grow support from people, groups and communities across the UK. From marathons, bake sales, mountain treks, quizzes and swimmers – we are here to help people fundraise and
You will bring your wealth of community fundraising experience to support and motivate your teams in order to deliver and grow our bustling programme of activity, collaborate with people inside and outside Mencap and achieve or exceed financial and non-financial targets.
To be successful in your application you will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Lots of experience in community fundraising; with good digital, data, marketing, insight and relationship management experience
- Excellent written communication skills, able to convey complex information in plain English
- Passion for Mencap, awareness of issues facing people with a learning disability and a desire to make the world a better place
If you think you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply with your most recent CV and a cover letter showcasing your experience and interest in Mencap. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as they are currently underrepresented at this level.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions upto 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don’t join the Plan you will be auto-enrolled into NEST
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes;
- providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
- providing advice through our help lines and web sites