Would you like to work for an organisation who is rated number 8th in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Housing Associations to Work for 2021 and has the top rating of G1 V1 from the Regulator of Social Housing?
Are you passionate about improving the lives of people with a learning disability? Are you an expert in your field?
We are recruiting for an experienced Development Finance Business Partner to join our well established finance team. The role is home based with occasional travel to our Manchester office (and other locations) and it is a full time (37.5 hrs per week) permanent vacancy.
This new role is an increase to our Finance team at Golden Lane Housing (GLH) as one of our Finance Business Partners. Finance business partners are central to the GLH Finance Department function, in ensuring financial and policy outcomes are managed with Value For Money and Housing Regulation compliance as paramount consideration.
The role will support our Development team with new business, financial appraisal and modelling requirements to ensure that our schemes are viable and our financial risks are mitigated.
You'll also be responsible for our annual forecast and involved in the budget planning process as support to the Head of Strategic Planning.
Key skills, qualifications and experience required for this role:
- A recognised accounting qualification, (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA)
- Provide clear, relevant advice to support effective decision making in specific business areas for which you will be responsible
- Experience of working within Finance with good understanding of budgeting and accounting principles
- Ability to understand and articulate risks and mitigations
- Financial analysis and appraisal skills.
- Housing Experience Build strong and productive relationships with GLH teams to ensure you become a trusted advisor and challenge is welcomed
- Evidence of excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent communication skills across all level
(Please see the Job Description and Personal Specification for a more extensive list of responsibilities, experiences and key skills required for this role).
Please apply with a full and up to date CV.
This role will close for shortlisting on Sunday 1st August and interviews will commence shortly after the close date via MS Teams.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions up to 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don’t join the Plan you start, you will be auto-enrolled after three months with us.
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation, bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap Extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
Golden Lane Housing works with people with a learning disability to provide supported housing around which they can build their lives. We were established as an independent registered charity by Mencap in 1998 to help tackle the immense challenges that people with a learning disability face in finding a home.