We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes;
- providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
- providing advice through our help lines and web sites
- campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want
About the role:
Do you have a passion for Events Stewardship and want to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability?
If you have just answered yes, then we could have the perfect role for you.
Mencap are looking for a hard-working and passionate Events Officer who will play a pivotal part in supporting our fantastic fundraisers to meet their fundraising targets on events such as the Virgin Money London Marathon, Great North Run and Royal Parks Half Marathon. In this varied role, no two days will be the same, you will be involved in marketing events, recruiting and stewarding events participants and will create touchpoints to engage supporters and advise them on how to get the most out of their fundraising.
This role is a full time (37.5 hrs per week) fixed term contract for 12 months. The role will be based at our Centre of Engagement in Central London, but will be home working until we can return to the offices safely.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, creative and highly organised to work across challenge events stewarding our fundraising participants. You will be used to managing your own workload and be able to prioritise your time effectively. You will be experienced in stewarding supporters to reach and exceed their fundraising targets and able to personalise their journey with Mencap. You will also have experience of managing, inspiring and engaging staff or volunteers and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We are looking for a passionate, well organised individual who loves to make a difference to the lives of the people we support. You will be highly motivated with an emphasis on taking responsibility to get the job done, no matter what.
Key Skills and Experiences:
- Events Fundraising experience
- Project management experience is highly desirable
- Experience of using a fundraising CRM database
- Dealing with various types of incoming correspondence
- Good overall knowledge of MS Office Suite
(Please see the ‘role profile’ for a more extensive list of responsibilities, experiences and key skills required for this role and the full Job Description and Personal Specification)
Does this sound like the role you have been waiting for…?
Please apply with an up to date CV and complete the covering letter, informing us why you are suitable for this role and why you want to work for Mencap.
The role will close on Friday 22nd Jan 2021 and interview will commence on 2nd & 3rd Feb 2021 via Microsoft Teams.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applicants with disabilities to apply for all roles with us. To find out more about the scheme please visit the direct gov website.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions up to 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don’t join the Plan you start, you will be auto-enrolled after three months with us.
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation, bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap Extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract