Golden Lane Housing (GLH) has been increasing housing opportunities for people with a learning disability and making a difference in this sector since 1998.
We have 3 exciting opportunities within GLH Housing Team for Housing Officers to join us in the following locations:
North East of the country on a permanent part-time contract (22.5 hrs per week)
Home Counties (Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, and Berkshire), Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, and North London on a permanent full-time contract (37.5 hrs per week)
West Midlands and surrounding areas on a permanent full-time contract (37.5 hrs per week).
The roles will be home based but there are travel expectations in and around the geographical area for each role. This role comes with a monthly car allowance.
The ideal applicants will have experience of working in a Supported Housing environment and it would be advantageous to have experience, either personal or professional, of supporting someone with a learning disability.
The successful Housing Officers will be required to provide performance focused housing management services to our tenants to ensure their wellbeing.
We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated with a passion for providing excellent customer service and has an enthusiastic attitude and a can-do approach. The successful candidates will share the same vision, values, and aspirations of GLH.
You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining successful links with all stakeholders relating to the delivery of new services and services to existing tenants. You will also support wider GLH team to deliver efficient and effective services to all our tenants.
It is essential that you have access to your own vehicle and a full UK driving licence to apply for this role. You must be prepared for regular travel and some overnight stays, around the geographical area for this post and travel to London, Manchester and other locations for meetings and training.
Some flexibility around working hours is required and enhanced DBS check will be undertaken.
These roles will close for shortlisting on Sunday 3rd Oct and 1st stage interviews will commence via MS Teams shortly after the closing date. There will be a 2nd stage interview for successful candidates and at this stage you will meet some of the team and/or tenants and complete a practical exercise.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions up to 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don’t join the Plan you start, you will be auto-enrolled after three months with us.
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation, bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap Extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes;
- Providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
- Providing advice through our help lines and web sites
- Campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want