We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes;
- providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
- providing advice through our help lines and web sites
- campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want
Strong leadership is key to the success of our services. We have developed an exciting leadership approach at Mencap that we call Our Leadership Way. We want to recruit leaders who can demonstrate they have the potential to excel within this framework. In return, we are committed to developing your potential even further.
Did you know that 1 in 3 young people leave their house for less than an hour a day on an average Saturday?
Did you know that 49% of people with a learning disability said the biggest enabler to going out in the community (in the evening) is having someone to go with to support them?
Did you know that only 6% of adults with a learning disability are currently employed, despite that fact that 65% are able to and want to?
Are you an experienced Programme Team Leader or Manager who’s looking for your next challenge? Do you want to join a team that is proud to work for Mencap, the leading charity who support individuals with a learning disability?
Mencap are recruiting for a Programme Manager to lead the delivery of the ‘Me Time’ service. Me Time is a Programme area designed to offer people interesting and exciting opportunities to access leisure and social opportunities in their communities. Through a mixture of building based and community based provision we support over 400 people to do meaningful activities, develop their skills and enhance their quality of life.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) permanent role. The role can be based in London or home based, with travel around the key geographical areas that the programme is delivered in.
We deliver Me Time programmes in 5 key geographical localities in England. Delivery is funded through a combination of statutory and fundraised income as well as individual budgets. The Me Time Programme Manager will be accountable for the overall delivery of these services and will be responsible for developing strategic plans for future delivery and growth.
As Programme Manager, you will have oversight of all these services and be responsible for producing a strategic plan in terms of growth and stability and it’s alignment to Mencap’s strategic priority area Friendships and Relationships and progression into Employment.
You will oversee the management of Programme Co-ordinators who have the overall day to day responsibility for these services.
You will drive the implementation of high-quality person centred and community-based services that support people to develop friendships and skills and be fully included in their community. You will also ensure all services are financially viable and delivered safely to meet the needs of every individual, however complex their needs.
Responsibilities and key skills:
- To be passionate about creating meaningful leisure and social opportunities for people with a learning disability
- Able to manage a staff team to deliver services across disperse geographic areas
- Able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Has in depth knowledge and experience of delivering services for people with a learning disability
- Has experience of forecasting and managing complex budgets and deliver required targets
(A more extensive list of responsibilities and key skills can be found in the Role Profile, Job Description and Personal Specification)
This role will close on Monday 13th April and interviews will take place on Friday 24th April at our Centre of Engagement in Central London.
Please apply with your full and up to date CV.
We believe that all our employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you:
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day one
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract