We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You’ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes;
- providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
- providing advice through our help lines and web sites
- campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want
How would you like to join our team to hit the ground running?
Mencap are enormously proud to have been named the 2020 Virgin Money London Marathon Charity of the Year!
This is an incredible opportunity for us to kick-start a movement of change and take a huge step towards greater inclusion for people with a learning disability.
As part of this partnership, Mencap will launch All Move, a 2-year inclusive sports project in school for people with and without a learning disability aged 11 – 16, commencing September 2019. The project will bring together young people of all abilities on an equal level, to learn new skills and try out different physical activities as a team.
600 young people across the country will work together to complete 26 hours of physical activity across a school year (one hour per week). Through this experience, they will learn to positively support each other to achieve a goal and will develop confidence to interact with people who are different to them. The project aims to build self-esteem, teamwork, and communication skills, setting young people up for the future.
Mencap’s own Virtual MaraFUN team – on course for the finish line!
The Senior Project Co-ordinator (SPC), who will report to the Project Manager (PM), is responsible for:
- The day to day oversight and implementation of the All Move project across different areas
- Supporting schools to set up and deliver the project
- Facilitating positive partnerships in the communities we’re working in
- Ensuring that all the relevant documents and agreements are in place
- Providing ongoing support and communication with schools throughout the project
- Tracking progress and gathering evidence of impact
- Managing associated budgets, information and resources
- Keep information up to date, accurate and in compliance with key policies (e.g. GDPR)
- Bringing their own creativity and experience of working with schools to drive the project forward
- Engaging stakeholders in local areas to create a range of events and activities in local communities to bring people with and without a learning disability together, and to challenge negative attitudes in a fun way
- Working in line with Mencap’s vision and values
In this exciting and flexible role, the SPC will be required to link to other aspects of the charity partnership, and work collaboratively with colleagues across Mencap such as the Programmes team, Finance, Impact & Evaluation, and Communications. They will share their learning and experience to ensure the project is engaging and impactful for the young people who take part, and actively shape its future development. This will include:
- Keeping relevant project boards and teams updated of progress
- Sharing learning to inform wider planning and project development
- Identifying and flagging any risks or issues
- Proposing solutions to challenges
Please note: the role requires travel across the UK for meetings or events as required.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions upto 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don’t join the Plan you will be auto-enrolled into NEST
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract