This is an exciting new role at MRF reporting directly to the Director of Research, Evidence and Policy (REP). It has been created to help transform the way people engage with data about meningitis at a global level.
The role will form part of the Research Evidence and Policy Team along with the Director, Senior REP Manager and Research Project Manager. There will be significant cross team working with the Communications, Advocacy and Support Team.
The successful candidate will focus on the Meningitis Progress Tracker (MPT) which is the official communication tool chosen by the World Health Organization to showcase progress against the new Defeating Meningitis by 2030 global roadmap, ratified at the 73rd session of the World Health Assembly in November 2020.
The candidate will personally lead on developing engaging, user-driven content; liaising with and managing relationships with external data providers; and ensuring data integrity of the MPT. In addition, the candidate will use the opportunity provided by a 3-year software and support grant from the Tableau Foundation to help teams across MRF present performance data in meaningful and engaging ways to help demonstrate impact of the organisation.
This is initially a 12-month contract, with the potential to be extended.
- Data sourcing and mapping.
- Creation and curation of reliable and accurate data storage and library.
- Data cleansing and preparation.
- Creation and implementation of a comprehensive update plan for ongoing visualisations such as the MPT ensuring timely incorporation of new data releases
- Creation of data visualisations that express complex data in highly compelling and interactive formats that allow users to engage in and tailor data to suit their needs.
- Working with other members of the Research, Evidence and Policy team on conception of new visualisations.
- Reporting on use of data visualisations to demonstrate reach.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of existing data and visualisations.
- Data analysis and creation of clear and transparent audit trail of decision making for selection of data to share and visualise.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to support their engagement and endorsement of the platforms.
- Managing the delivery process for each new release and communicating with relevant stakeholders to ensure appropriate sign off.
- Working autonomously to ensure requests are delivered accurately and on time.
- Technical point of contact with Tableau Server provider
- A committed and inquisitive technologist with previous relevant experience and a data-oriented, analytical mindset.
- An awareness of political sensitivities in creation of visualisations used by senior stakeholders in multiple countries and cultures.
- Experience of working with Tableau software or similar.
- Demonstrable knowledge of grouping, manipulating and analysing large data sets from a variety of sources.
- The ability to transform relevant data into meaningful, actionable and accessible reports.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and data analysis techniques and experience with digital media marketing and analytical tools.
- Educated to degree level is desirable but candidates who can demonstrate relevant experience will be considered
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.