We provide direct support to people and families affected by meningitis and are looking for someone who can assist our team in achieving fundraising plans and targets by giving functional support to our student team and the wider fundraising department as required. In return you will learn about an international charity, its beneficiaries and a range of its activities. You will be working with a lively, friendly and varied team and develop an understanding of charity fundraising techniques.
To provide administrative support by:
- Updating and maintaining the charity’s databases with financial and donor information
- Identifying opportunities for improving processes, implementing changes to how we work and documenting and monitoring processes within the fundraising department
- Working on clearly identified and agreed projects to assist in the organisation and running of our student programme
The Senior Fundraising Manager will be responsible for your post and will ensure you have been given appropriate responsibilities and tasks. This will include monitoring your performance, ensuring you are well supported, and providing feedback as you progress.
- Understand our fundraising database and how it is used and to be able to create and maintain records, acting as a key point of contact and support to the rest of the team
- Provide proactive and responsive general day-to-day administrative support to the student fundraising team, seeking ways to maximise the efficiency of the department
- Carry out routine financial administration and monitoring processes within the department
- Manage information from online fundraising platforms used by our donors and supporters
- Enthusiastically seek improvements to the department’s processes so as to bring about long-term improvements to efficiency
- Manage donor information within our database. Updating event and contact details, communications and donation information
- Manage/Oversee new online fundraising pages, set up and amend donor information, before passing to relevant fundraiser/membership team
- Produce regular reports, especially in relation to financial record keeping
- Answer calls and monitor inboxes to deal with enquiries and requests for information
- Support the promotion and recruitment of student challenge events both via email, social media and via the telephone
- Manage the email client software, keeping the contact information up to date and managing the automated email journeys.
- Support participants with their fundraising plans and activities when necessary
- Support in the application, administration and monitoring of fundraising opportunities provided by MRF primarily to the student fundraisers including street collections and the student raffle
- Provide general administration support for the student fundraising team
- Undertake other duties as reasonably requested
General, personal & developmental
- Maintain required records of supporter relationships
- Support all colleagues and communicate your work and needs openly and effectively.
- Establish efficient and effective working relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Take responsibility for own development and training needs, in consultation with line manager.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.