About MHFA England
MHFA England is a social enterprise and the leading provider of mental health skills and awareness training courses in England. Our vision is to improve the health of the nation, through normalising society’s attitudes and behaviours around mental health, by developing the skills we need to look after our own and others’ wellbeing. Learn about our social mission and our history by reading our 'what we do section' on our website.
We are a friendly, dynamic, fast-paced organisation and we strive to be an exemplary health and wellbeing employer. We are launching an ambitious Digital Transformation Programme to seamlessly connect and engage Customers, Clients, Members and Staff and support our mission to train 1:10 of the population in mental health knowledge and skills.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced editor and product specialist who will be responsible for delivering our product content creation end-to-end process from brief to copywriting, editing and proofreading. You will have expertise in delivering impactful content, aligned with MHFA England’s tone of voice, whilst ensuring our product portfolio remains accessible for all customers. The role holder will apply a customer first approach to all product content creation activities.
You will be able to:
- Copywrite, edit and proofread new and existing MHFA England content to deliver products in line with organisational strategy
- Manage multiple content edit/proofing activities across the product portfolio simultaneously
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team to ensure house style and tone of voice remains consistent
- Embed anti-racism and equality approaches into content creation
- Own the accessibility approach to the content creation of all our products
- Develop and manage a process alongside internal stakeholders that is efficient and flexible for learning content changes throughout the innovation cycle and ensure robust version control
- Identify ways to continuously improve processes towards the innovation and maintenance cycle of current and new products
- Manage external contractors engaged for specific stages of the content creation process to ensure that products uphold MHFA England’s brand and design guidelines and accessibility principles
You will have:
- A degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- 3+ years’ experience of working in a busy content creation/copy editing role
- Understanding of applying, interpreting, and actioning mark-up and editorial coding
- Experience of applying readability metrics and accessibility principles to documentation
- Experience of working in a learning / training environment
- Knowledge of mental health and wellbeing in the workplace
- Project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Relevant professional qualification (CiEP or the Publishing Training Centre)
- Basic knowledge of In Design
Looking after you
Wellbeing is at the heart of all that we do and say, we are friendly and supportive organisation. We are committed to rewarding our employees with competitive pay, a flexible and supportive workplace, opportunities to grow and develop, and our promise that we will put your wellbeing first.
What we offer:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Two wellbeing breaks, in summer and winter
- Free Mental Health First Aid training
- Employee Assistance Programme with a 24-hour helpline from Health Assured, occupational health and counselling
- Investing in your professional development, including qualifications and mentoring
- Free flu jab to protect your health in winter
- Death-in-service and critical illness cover
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Free eye test and £55 towards glasses
- Cycle to work scheme with an interest free loan to buy a bicycle
- Matched pension scheme (up to 5%)
- Flexible working hours and access to flexible ways of working
- Commitment to volunteering
- Fun Club, festive events and celebration
- Team lunches and events
- 'Bonusly' employee recognition and reward scheme
Interested? How to apply
For the full job description and person specification please see the attached documents./ Go to our website for further information.
To apply please submit a covering letter and CV demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role. The closing date for applications is 20th April 2021.
Please note that this role may close before the closing date as interviews will be held during the application window.
Mental Health First Aid England is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or those who are pregnant or on maternity leave. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented within the organisation, these include but are not limited to those from the LGBT+ community, people with disabilities, and those from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.
By applying for this job you are confirming that you have read the MHFA England Privacy Notice and accept the conditions under which your details will be processed.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.