About MHFA England
MHFA England is a social enterprise and the leading provider of mental health skills and awareness training in England. Our vision is to improve the mental health of the nation by increasing people’s knowledge and skills through access to evidence-based, anti-racist and inclusive training. We believe that by training at least 1:10 of the adult population, we can normalise society’s attitudes and behaviours around mental health and develop the skills we need to look after our own and others’ wellbeing. Learn more about our social mission and our history by reading our 'what we do’ section on our website.
We are a friendly, inclusive, dynamic, fast-paced organisation and we strive to be an exemplary health and wellbeing employer. Currently we are undertaking an ambitious Digital Transformation Programme so that we can achieve our digital vision to seamlessly connect and engage Customers, Clients, Members and Staff, and support our mission to train 1:10 people in mental health knowledge and skills.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly organised individual, with a keen interest in pursuing a HR career who can provide quality support towards the People team. You will be able to support end-to-end recruitment processes, including drafting employment contracts, completing compliance checks and supporting the induction and onboarding of new staff. You will effectively update and maintain the HR system and ensure all employee records are accurate. This role is key in maintaining a cohesive working environment within the People team, and across the wider organisation.
You will be able to:
- Provide administrative support towards recruitment campaigns, including new starter and leaver processes
- Post job adverts, filter applications, schedule interviews and prepare interview packs
- Draft and issue employment contracts and new starter packs ensuring relevant forms are signed and returned
- Obtain satisfactory reference checks for all new starters in line with company policy
- Support HRBP in coordinating the induction and onboarding process
- Update employee terms and conditions changes ensuring to update in relevant systems
- Updating, maintaining and using the HR system to ensure employee records are accurate and reports can be generated for management information purposes
- Research HR trends and legislation when required
You will have:
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience working in HR
- Working towards or qualified in a recognised CIPD or HR qualification
- Attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- A good base understanding of HR practices
Looking after you
Wellbeing is at the heart of all that we do and say and we are a friendly and supportive organisation. We are committed to rewarding our employees with competitive pay, a flexible and supportive workplace, opportunities to grow and develop, and our promise that we will put your wellbeing first.
What we offer:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Two wellbeing breaks, in summer and winter
- Free Mental Health First Aid training
- Employee Assistance Programme with a 24-hour helpline from Health Assured, occupational health and counselling
- Investing in your professional development, including qualifications and mentoring
- Free flu jab to protect your health in the winter
- Death-in-service and critical illness cover
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Free eye test and £55 towards glasses
- Cycle to work scheme with an interest free loan to buy a bicycle
- Matched pension scheme (up to 5%)
- Flexible working hours and access to flexible ways of working
- Commitment to volunteering
- Fun Club, festive events and celebration
- Team lunches and events
- 'Bonusly' employee recognition and reward scheme
Interested? How to apply
For the full job description and person specification please see the attached documents. Go to our website for further information.
To apply please submit a covering letter and CV demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role. The closing date for applications is 7th July 2021.
Interviews will be held mid July 2021.
Mental Health First Aid England is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race or ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, parental or carer status, education, socioeconomic background, pregnancy or maternity, or any other characteristic protected under equality legislation.
We are especially keen to encourage and welcome applications from people currently under-represented within the organisation, these include but are not limited to those from the LGBT+ community, people with disabilities, and candidates who are Black or People of Colour.
By applying for this job you are confirming that you have read the MHFA England Privacy Notice and accept the conditions under which your details will be processed.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.