MHFA England is a social enterprise and the leading provider of mental health skills and awareness training courses in England. Our vision is to improve the health of the nation, through normalising society’s attitudes and behaviours around mental health, by developing the skills we need to look after our own and others’ wellbeing.
We are a friendly, inclusive, dynamic, fast-paced organisation and we strive to be an exemplary health and wellbeing employer. Currently we are undertaking an ambitious Digital Transformation Programme so that we can achieve our digital vision to seamlessly connect and engage Customers, Clients, Members and Staff and support our mission to train 1:10 people in mental health knowledge and skills.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to support all directorates providing first level advice to directors, Heads of Department, experts, and support staff on matters including recruitment and selection, contracts and employee relations, and induction of new starters.
To work with the internal stakeholders on developing and delivering interventions to improve communication with and engagement of staff.
The HR & Wellbeing Business is also involved in producing and analysing data to inform and feed into the People strategy.
You will be able to:
- Work with the Head of department and our HR legal advisors to ensure that policies are up to date, effective and legally compliant through a planned policy review
- Plan and deliver successful recruitment plans and campaigns
- Oversee and manage the enrolment and entitlement of any relevant staff benefits
- Support the implementation of best practice in equality, diversity and inclusion across our HR policies and practices and develop reporting metrics
- Manage the electronic HR management system, leading on training staff and ensuring electronic and paper files are maintained
- Manage any employee relations cases as needed
- Provide regular management reports and audits on the system to ensure compliance
You will have:
- Excellent knowledge of HR policies and practices relating to employment law
- Skilled copywriter with ability to create variety of copy for a range of audiences
- Knowledge of implementing employment law and best practice
• Experience and knowledge of HR data management systems and reporting Project management skills
- Desirable – CIPD level 5 or equivalent experience
Looking after you
Wellbeing is at the heart of all that we do and say - we are a friendly and supportive organisation. We are committed to rewarding our employees with competitive pay, a flexible and supportive workplace, opportunities to grow and develop, and our promise that we will put your wellbeing first.
What we offer:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Two wellbeing breaks, in summer and winter
- Free Mental Health First Aid training
- Employee Assistance Programme with a 24-hour helpline from Health Assured, occupational health and counselling
- Free flu jab to protect your health in winter
Employee benefits after probation period:
- Investing in your professional development, including qualifications and mentoring
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Free eye test and £55 towards glasses
- Cycle to work scheme with an interest free loan to buy a bicycle
- Matched pension scheme (up to 5%)
- Flexible working hours and access to flexible ways of working
- Commitment to volunteering
- 'Bonusly' employee recognition and reward scheme
Interested? How to apply:
To apply please submit a covering letter and CV demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role. Early application is advised as we will be interviewing as applications are received.
Mental Health First Aid England is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from candidates regardless of characteristics protected under equality legislation. We are especially keen to encourage and welcome applications from people currently under-represented within the organisation, these include but are not limited to those from the LGBT+ community, people with disabilities and candidates who are Black or People of Colour.
By applying for this job you are confirming that you have read the MHFA England Privacy Notice and accept the conditions under which your details will be processed.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.