About MHFA England
MHFA England is a social enterprise and the leading provider of mental health skills and awareness training courses in England. Our vision is to improve the health of the nation, through normalising society’s attitudes and behaviours around mental health, by developing the skills we need to look after our own and others’ wellbeing. Learn about our social mission and our history by reading our 'what we do section' on our website.
We are a friendly, dynamic, fast-paced organisation and we strive to be an exemplary health and wellbeing employer. We are launching an ambitious Digital Transformation Programme to seamlessly connect and engage Customers, Clients, Members and Staff and support our mission to train 1:10 of the population in mental health knowledge and skills.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an Instructional Designer to lead on the development and delivery of learning solutions for our clients, customers and instructors. The role holder will have expertise in learning design, learner behaviour and content production. You will be able to work collaboratively with teams and fellow instructional designers for continual improvement in developing new and existing products.
You will be able to:
- Lead on the delivery of product strategy and be able to drive forward products from development to take to market stage whilst working with subject matter experts and key stakeholders.
- Identify ways to continuously improve processes towards the innovation and maintenance cycle of current and new products.
- Responsible for quality assurance of products to move to final version, whilst recognising potential risks and control methods for effective management of product delivery.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively to promote new product understanding
- Engage with clients to scope and deliver on their learning requirements.
You will have:
- Degree level or equivalent, with understanding of Learning and Development within professional area
- Significant experience of developing learning solutions and/or experiences via learner led, experimentation and insight gathering methods and processes
- Awareness of the innovation cycle
- Knowledge of workplace training market
- Ability to engage internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with external clients or consultancy working
- Ability to build and manage effective stakeholder relationships
- Be a problem solver
- Awareness of mental health and wellbeing in the workplace
- Working collaboratively
- Ability to inspire and engage others
Looking after you
Wellbeing is at the heart of all that we do and say, we are friendly and supportive organisation. We are committed to rewarding our employees with competitive pay, a flexible and supportive workplace, opportunities to grow and develop, and our promise that we will put your wellbeing first.
What we offer:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Two wellbeing breaks, in summer and winter
- Free Mental Health First Aid training
- Employee Assistance Programme with a 24-hour helpline from Health Assured, occupational health and counselling
- Investing in your professional development, including qualifications and mentoring
- Free flu jab to protect your health in winter
- Death-in-service and critical illness cover
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Free eye test and £55 towards glasses
- Cycle to work scheme with an interest free loan to buy a bicycle
- Matched pension scheme (up to 5%)
- Flexible working hours and access to flexible ways of working
- Commitment to volunteering
- Fun Club, festive events and celebration
- Team lunches and events
- 'Bonusly' employee recognition and reward scheme
Interested? How to apply
For the full job description and person specification please see the attached documents./ Go to our website for further information.
To apply please submit a covering letter and CV demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role. The closing date for applications is 23rd March 2021.
Interviews will be held early April 2021.
Mental Health First Aid England is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or those who are pregnant or on maternity leave. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented within the organisation, these include but are not limited to those from the LGBT+ community, people with disabilities, and those from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.
By applying for this job you are confirming that you have read the MHFA England Privacy Notice and accept the conditions under which your details will be processed.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.