MHFA England is a social enterprise and the leading provider of mental health skills and awareness training courses in England. Our vision is to improve the health of the nation, through normalising society’s attitudes and behaviours around mental health, by developing the skills we need to look after our own and others’ wellbeing.
We are a friendly, inclusive, dynamic, fast-paced organisation and we strive to be an exemplary health and wellbeing employer. Currently we are undertaking an ambitious Digital Transformation Programme so that we can achieve our digital vision to seamlessly connect and engage Customers, Clients, Members and Staff and support our mission to train 1:10 people in mental health knowledge and skills.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented Copy Writer, to create compelling and engaging copy that helps MHFA England elevate its position as the leader in workplace mental health. The post holder will lead on writing copy that will drive new and repeat business, grow market position, support members and achieve revenue and impact goals in line with the organisation’s, mission and commercial strategy.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract as a project focusing on our website launch. We are open to part or full time (minimum 3 days a week)
You will be able to:
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team, as well as other key teams across the organisation, to define requirements for high quality written web content.
- Write, proofread, and edit copy utilising your copywriting skills and experience to deliver new and optimised website copy, supporting the organisation to produce better copy to help meet our objectives.
- Ensure all copy is on brand, utilising MHFA England’s tone of voice and copy guidelines ensuring copy is action focused, human, inclusive, accessible and has diversity at its core.
- Support the marcomms team with additional copywriting requirements as required, including though leadership, blogs, FAQs, mailers, key messages etc.
You will have:
- Strong understanding of what makes compelling web copy and drives the reader to act
- Skilled copywriter with ability to create variety of copy for a range of audiences
- Project management skills-
- Proof reading and editing skills
- Able to form good working relationships and manage stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage workload independently and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills
Looking after you
Wellbeing is at the heart of all that we do and say - we are a friendly and supportive organisation. We are committed to rewarding our employees with competitive pay, a flexible and supportive workplace, opportunities to grow and develop, and our promise that we will put your wellbeing first.
What we offer:
-25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
-Two wellbeing breaks, in summer and winter
-Free Mental Health First Aid training
-Employee Assistance Programme with a 24-hour helpline from Health Assured, occupational health and counselling
-Free flu jab to protect your health in winter
-Employee benefits after probation period:
-Investing in your professional development, including qualifications and mentoring
-Enhanced maternity leave
-Free eye test and £55 towards glasses
-Cycle to work scheme with an interest free loan to buy a bicycle
-Matched pension scheme (up to 5%)
-Flexible working hours and access to flexible ways of working
-Commitment to volunteering
-'Bonusly' employee recognition and reward scheme
Interested? How to apply:
To apply please submit a covering letter and CV demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role. Early application is advised as we will be interviewing as applications are received.
Mental Health First Aid England is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from candidates regardless of characteristics protected under equality legislation. We are especially keen to encourage and welcome applications from people currently under-represented within the organisation, these include but are not limited to those from the LGBT+ community, people with disabilities and candidates who are Black or People of Colour.
By applying for this job you are confirming that you have read the MHFA England Privacy Notice and accept the conditions under which your details will be processed.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.