The Mental Health Foundation is recruiting for a Research Assistant to support our Wellbeing for those seeking sanctuary in Wales Project. This is a part time role for two days per week and is fixed term until August 2023.
Starting salary £25,000 rising to £28,000 (pro rata)
The Mental Health Foundation is the UK’s leading charity for everyone’s mental health. We are home to Mental Health Awareness Week and, with prevention at the heart of what we do, we aim to find and address the sources of mental health problems so that people and communities can thrive.
Our focus is on three key areas:
We systematically consider how to scale ideas informed by evidence. We build partnerships and alliances that increase the impact and reach of our work.
We harness evidence and the voice of lived experience to advocate for preventive approaches and create campaigns which tackle the root causes of poor mental health.
We continue to build a strong organisation that lives its values - that is open, kind, outward-looking and sustainable.
We have pioneered change for 70 years and we are not afraid to challenge the status quo. Come join us!
This exciting Research Assistant role will assist the research and project team to make sure the activities are supported by relevant research, and to collect data throughout the project to support the evaluation report. The Wellbeing for those seeking sanctuary in Wales project looks to increase relevant, coproduced resources and peer support opportunities for individuals seeking sanctuary to increase their wellbeing. This will be achieved through a scoping review, co-production workshops and empowering individuals with lived experience to lead peer support opportunities.
What does the role involve?
- Assisting the project and research teams to contribute to the delivery of the Foundation’s strategic objectives
- Supporting the gathering of data throughout the project to inform future aspects of the project
- Supporting the evaluation of the Wellbeing for those seeking Sanctuary in Wales Project by taking responsibility for this with the support of senior staff
- Assisting in the preparation of research outputs, including reports, peer-reviewed publications and presentations
What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
- Demonstrable experience of having taken part in research projects and being familiar with the design of a project, data collection, data management, analysis, and write-up
- Ability to work positively as part of a team and communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external audiences
- Demonstrable understanding of the lived experience of seeking Sanctuary in the UK
Why should you join the Mental Health Foundation?
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 27 after 5 years’ service
- 3 closure days between Christmas and New Year
- Up to 3 wellbeing days per annum
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous non-contributory pension scheme, 8% at 3 months service, rising to 10% at 6 months service employer contribution
- Life Assurance Scheme at four times annual salary
- Flexible working
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note that for safeguarding purposes, all our roles require a DBS check. Also, we are unable to provide sponsorship for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
How to apply
If you think your skills match and you’d like to be part of a dynamic and growing organisation, please complete and send your application form via our website (along with a completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form). Please note that all sections of the application form should be completed as CVs will not be accepted. Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 8th November. Interviews are planned for Tuesday 23rd November 2021.
Diversity is greatly valued at the Foundation. Applications from all sections of the community are actively encouraged. If you have a disability, require any additional support or have any questions regarding the role, please contact us via our website.
Due to Covid-19 and until further notice, we are operating digital recruitment (including interviews via video conferencing) and on-boarding processes. We are blending office and homeworking until further notice.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.