We have an exciting opportunity for a Colleague Mental Health Support Lead to join our established and friendly Advice, Information & Training team. You will be placed on a 6 month FTC with potential to extend dependent on funding, working full time, 35 hours per week. This role will be home-based due to COVID restrictions, but a small amount of travel may be required if restrictions are lifted and it is safe to do so.
Mental Health UK are working with a leading bank to pilot an innovative and practical approach to supporting the mental health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
You will become a key team member for the duration of the 6-month pilot, being on hand to provide immediate debrief support to a colleague one to one if they are experiencing a high level of distress and also using your facilitation skills to run small group supervision sessions, supporting colleagues to reflect and share learning and best practice. You will contribute to the successful evaluation of the pilot, providing data and insight to support the effectiveness of the support provided.
You will be requirement to be On-Call every other Saturday to provide debrief support should a colleague need it, which will be paid at the standard On-Call Allowance rate.We do have an additional hourly payment of £11.35 per on-call shift.
What will you be doing?
- I provide one to one debrief support to the banks colleagues after challenging calls, using a structured framework (e.g. Action After Review).
- I facilitate small group supervision sessions, utilising the Gibbs Reflective Cycle and other relevant tools, to support colleagues to reflect and normalise feelings and share practical experiences and learning.
- I record and analyse data, supporting the robust evaluation of the pilot programme.
- I promote the work of the pilot across the bank and Mental Health UK
- I work autonomously, forging relationships with key stakeholders within the bank and Mental Health UK, and identifying areas within the business which I can support
- I am a subject matter expert on mental health and wellbeing and am seen as the ‘go to’ team member on all issues related to workplace mental health.
- I communicate the initiatives and the aims of the pilot clearly and via a range of media, getting buy-in from colleagues at every level of the bank.
- I confidently represent the charity within a corporate environment.
- I follow best practice and legislative requirements at all times, in particular in relation to the processing and sharing of personal and special category data.
- I train and upskill managers and leaders within the bank to further support and promote colleague wellbeing.
- I liaise regularly with colleagues across MHUK drawing in a wide range of expertise to ensure that I’m providing innovative suggestions and solutions
- I liaise with colleagues leading the wider MHUK partnership to ensure I’m on message, adding value to the wider strategic direction and adding value and opportunities to our partnership legacy
- I provide information on my work to colleagues to help with internal and external communications
I have the essentials covered:
- I have experience of supporting adults in distress using evidence-based techniques (e.g. After-Action Review, Critical Incident Stress Management).
- I have experience facilitating group supervision sessions and using a range of techniques, such as Action Learning Sets, reflective practice, gained from non-clinical settings
- I have in-depth knowledge of mental health, mental illness and factors that impact and can improve mental health and wellbeing in the workplace
- I have exceptional organizational skills and experience of setting and managing my own workload with the ability to work independently.
- I am able to identify risk in relation to mental health and am confident in risk management.
- I am able to adopt a coaching approach to facilitate change and learning in others.
- I am able to manage highly emotive situations in a calm manner.
- I can think creatively about solutions and communicate them clearly and confidently
- I am able to work collaboratively with colleagues
- I am able to shift my focus across different projects as priorities dictate and am willing to adapt and be flexible
I may also have
- Qualification or training in Coaching.
- Leadership qualification or training in leadership.
- Experience of facilitating supervision sessions with adults in a clinical setting.
- Experience of working in a corporate environment
What will you receive?
You will have plenty of opportunities to enhance your abilities with the chance to make a real difference every day. In addition, you will have excellent development opportunities including funded training, career development and a range e-learning courses. You will also receive:
Salary of £33,076.13 to £36,627.57 or (London weighting) £35,722.24 to £39,273.67 per annum
Contributory pension scheme
Life assurance and employee assistance programme
25 days annual leave rising to 30 days plus bank holidays
Your "Rethink Day" - 1 day’s additional leave (pro rata) on your Birthday
As you will be working within the bank, there are additional checks you will need to go through to satisfy the bank’s requirements, this will include a credit reference check.
We welcome applications from everyone, applicants with lived experience, those who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning+ (LGBTQ+), people with a disability, or those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds are actively encouraged to apply. We are proud to have also been awarded Disability Confident employer status. We have an ambition of becoming an anti-racist organisation and we recognise there is more to do in ensuring our recruitment is fair and inclusive, which is why we are recruiting new roles in helping us to achieve this. Please be mindful that we may need to close adverts early if we receive a high volume of applications, we therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If a shortened closing date has a significant impact on your ability to apply, please let us know.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.