Mercy Ships UK
Mercy Ships is an international faith-based charity founded on radical compassion. Our aim is to bring safe surgery to people in Africa who have no access to healthcare or are unable to pay for it. Working alongside 16 other Mercy Ships offices around the world, the UK provides specialist volunteers to crew the hospital ship ‘Africa Mercy’ and provides financial resources for surgeries, healthcare, education, training and local partnership – bringing immediate relief to thousands of individuals and leaving a sustainable legacy of hope and healing in every nation visited.
We are looking for an inspiring, committed new Executive Director to further develop our strategy as we work towards the launch of Mercy Ships second ship, the ‘Global Mercy’. You will actively oversee the increase of the charity’s supporter base, both financially and in crew numbers, as well as raise the profile of the work Mercy Ships does.
- In conjunction with the Board, the Executive Director will take a leading role in developing a new strategy, ensuring this reflects the vision, values and objects of Mercy Ships in the UK.
- To significantly raise the profile of Mercy Ships in the UK, and to oversee the increase of the charity’s supporter base in preparation for the launch of the Global Mercy.
- To provide comprehensive and experienced leadership to the organisation and in particular to work with senior management to deliver the vision and strategy while improving both efficiency and effectiveness in regard to processes and costs.
- To develop, enhance and lead Mercy Ships UK’s major donor fundraising activity significantly increasing income from this channel
- To build strong relationships with major donors, corporate partners and institutional grant makers
- Demonstrate exceptional and interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence being able to relate to a wide range of stake holders.
- To act as a key ambassador for Mercy Ships in the UK.
- Act as the Executive contact with Mercy Ships Operations, Mercy Ships Global and other national offices, encouraging collaboration and representing the interests of the UK board.
- A leader with senior management experience within the charity sector.
- Experience in income generation through multiple and connected channels.
- A demonstrable track record of success growing income from major donors, with the ability to identify, develop, cultivate and steward major benefactors
- Proven experience in working with a Board of Trustees and of strategic planning and budgeting.
- Ability to inspire confidence, demonstrate flexibility and be an exemplar in leading and being a part of the professional management team.
- Adherence to the organisation's core Christian values and behaviours and evidence of an active Christian faith.
The preferred method of application is online, please click the apply button.
Closing date: Monday 29th June 2020