We are looking for plumbers, general labourers, painters, welders, electricians, carpenters, and those with construction experience.
The Summer Volunteer or Project Assistant volunteer position, part of the Shipyard Projects team, will be located on the Africa Mercy, the world's largest charity hospital ship, while docked in the Canary Islands, Spain. The minimum time commitment for this role is two weeks.
Summary: Responsible to assist Project Manager with installations of structure, fittings, and equipment during ship yard. Need general labourers, plumbers, painters, welders, electricians, carpenters, and those with construction experience. Projects may include:
- Installation of new engine room equipment
- Installation of new generator controls
- Installation of some new extraction fans
- Modification of office spaces including bulkhead installations and adding new furnishings
- New CCTV system installation
- Plumbing, welding, and electric projects to improve crew areas on the vessel
- Various carpentry jobs
About the role: Available June / July / August 2019 (exact dates to be determined).
The success of our field services in Africa depend upon the safety and proper maintenance of the Africa Mercy. Our time in shipyard is a critical component - a time when there are some sizable renovations, maintenance projects, and safety checks. Our Project Assistants are vital to our time in shipyard.
- Aptitude for technical skills required
- Practical knowledge of hand tools required
- Ability to effectively understand and communicate in clear English
If you are interested in this role, we would love to hear from you!