The post holder will sit within the Senior Management Team (SMT) and will provide leadership and support to the CEO for all operational support. The post holder will work closely with other members of the senior management team including the Operations and Service Development Manager (OSDM), Head of Services, and IAPT Clinical Lead, to lead on and/or contribute to the development of MW’s services and its strategic goals.
As the Head of Operations, the post holder will lead by example and act as a positive role model for all staff by ensuring that all staff fulfil the requirements of their job descriptions and adhere to all organisational policies and procedures.
The postholder will be responsible for managing the day to day operating and financial systems, as well as dealing with all general administration, facilities management and human resources. The successful candidate will be exceptionally well organised, efficient and able to manage a diverse workload. The post holder must be an excellent communicator, and has strong numeracy and literacy skills.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience in operations related work, including administration, human resources, planning and managing budgets.
Note: We will also consider candidates able to offer a 4-day per week arrangement.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Project and Service Management
- Encourage and support effective communication between team members, and with the SMT
- Support the staff team to ensure their ability to deliver high quality work efficiently
- Work alongside the SMT to maximise the potential of staff performance
- Work alongside the SMT to ensure all service targets and KPIs are met
- Support the SMT with the ongoing skills and career development of staff
- Continually strive to improve the service quality, and bring added value to the respective services
- Support the SMT in the promotion and marketing of services and ensuring all promotional material, including digital and website, are maintained and up to date
- Support the SMT in the implementation of service developments
- Inform and contribute towards the strategic direction of the organisation
- Support the SMT in the continued development, growth and success of the organisation
- Attend internal and external project meetings
- Produce end of project reports and evaluation as necessary
- Participate in individual performance review and respond to agreed objectives.
- Deputise for the Chief Executive when necessary
- Work closely with the CEO and accountant to monitor income, expenditure, cash flow and update the organisation’s budget and financial systems accordingly.
- Record incoming funding resources, process all invoices, expense claims and raise invoices as required.
- Work with the CEO to set annual budget and prepare project budgets for funders.
- Assist colleagues with the management of project budgets and end of grant reporting.
- Assist the CEO and accountant with the production of management and annual accounts, as required.
- Maintain petty cash and ensure accurate recording of all petty cash expenditure.
- Produce finance reports, attend and contribute to MW’s board meetings every quarterly
- Assist the CEO with fundraising applications to NHS Trusts and charitable trust foundations
- Assist colleagues with telephone, email and postal enquiries
- Provide IT systems support to colleagues, undertake IT troubleshooting and liaise with our external IT provider to ensure the smooth running and ongoing maintenance of our IT network and website.
- Oversee meeting and event organisation, administration and management.
- Oversee the day-to-day administration for the office
- Assist CEO with all annual filings and to ensure full compliance with GDPR guidelines and other legal obligations.
- Provide some PA and secretarial support to the CEO
- Coordinate recruitment processes for staff and volunteer posts.
- Support the development of the staffing strategy, recruitment, selection and induction. Actively participate in staff recruitment, including the short-listing and as a member of the interview panel for all clinical and frontline staff across MW’s wellbeing services.
- Coordinate induction processes for new staff and volunteers, keeping the Induction Handbook up to date, acquainting new staff member with their work setting and the standard policies and procedures with which they must comply.
- Maintain records of all staff annual leave, TOIL, other absences from the office including sick leave and lateness.
- Oversee the work of other admin staff and volunteers, as well as work experience placements.
Website and Communications
- Oversee the maintenance and update website content as required
- Oversee the collation and mail-out of the weekly electronic newsletters
- Prepare quarterly report for the CEO and Board of Trustees (using information from mailing lists and Google analytics)
Office and Facilities Management
- Responsible for all facilities management including but not limited to utilities, supplies, repairs and security.
- Liaise and negotiate with all external suppliers including insurance renewal and regular office checks (e.g. PAT, fire safety, boiler maintenance)
- Ensure the office building is safe, clean and fully complies with building regulations and the Occupiers Liability Act.
- Act as the designated Health and Safety lead.
As services develop and change, the post holder may be required to undertake other responsibilities within MW. These may include responsibilities such as the support of activities and events that promote the awareness and development of the organisation, and contribute to the ongoing efforts in fundraising.
This job description is an outline, which reflects the present requirements of the post and is not intended to be an inflexible or finite list of duties and responsibilities. As these duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be amended from time to time in consultation with the post holder.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.